Studio News

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'm into my second year of MIA and while I loved working with analog and in the small first year studio, I can't wait to move on. We got to see the control room for the second year studio, and I was amazed. I got to play guitar on a second year's session last year so I saw it before the work they did this summer, and it's a huge improvement. I mentioned earlier that we might be getting a Digidesign Icon desk...well, that didn't happen, but the rest is amazing. First off they re-built everything so it's all built into the walls/desks better and more space efficiently (the room looks huge now, and very clean and professional). I also may have mentioned that it would be 5.1 ready...well, actually it turns out it's 7.1 ready. And all of our second semester assignments are required to be mixed in 5.1 surround. The pictures at the link above are of the old control room, but it's the same console in there. We're running a Mac Dual-G5 (can't remember the speed, but it's fast), and Pro Tools HD, with loads of rack processors. I think we've got 4-6 of the 192-I/Os, but can't remember exactly. We've got a really expensive T.C.Electronics reverb in there, I think it's this one (again, just had a quick walk through).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats, dude. All I know is, the chick on the '2nd Year Control Room' is pretty freaking HAWT, son. Damn. Maybe you'll get to work with her :lol: Fuck the G5... I wanna try the babe :lol:

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Those ICONs are kick ass, bro. I have worked on a couple installs with a company here and they are sick. I am a PT user/beta tester back to PTIII, and since the 002, this is the nicest thing they have put out. A couple minor improvements and it would be my dream desk.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Those ICONs are kick ass, bro. I have worked on a couple installs with a company here and they are sick. I am a PT user/beta tester back to PTIII, and since the 002, this is the nicest thing they have put out. A couple minor improvements and it would be my dream desk.
Yeah, wish I could give one a try. We didn't get it this year yet. We might get it during Christmas break, or after this year (when I've graduated and won't get to use it lol). They look sweet though (the DIGI002 as well, we use the DIGI002 rack version in our MIDI lab).
The Dark Wolf said:
Congrats, dude. All I know is, the chick on the '2nd Year Control Room' is pretty freaking HAWT, son. Damn. Maybe you'll get to work with her :lol: Fuck the G5... I wanna try the babe :lol:
:lol: I think she graduated two years ago based on the age of those pictures :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Perfect, that makes her about my age. Pick her up for me some alumni weekend. ;)

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, it's not 7.1 afterall, it's 5.1 with two farther back speakers for class times so we can hear the surround mixes the teacher plays, and two closer to the console for mixing.

We listened to the first track of Dark Side of the Moon in 5.1 on SACD today with the lights low and the speakers cranking...I think I literally had tears in my eyes, that's how beautiful it was.

')