Studio Rack Equipment

• Thread starter warchild426
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently started doing studio work as a guitarist and I'm working with a line6 pod, needless to say I want to upgrade to a better preamp. I need some suggestions on what I need to start up with. This will be my 1st rig so I really don't know what Im going to need to keep it running. Im looking to spend up to but no greater than $650 for my preamp and about the same for a decent effects processor. The gear that I'm going to get is for studio purposes only and will not be gigged with. To all you rig junkies out there I need to know what other equipment I need for my rig. Looking forward to your input........Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Look into the Digidesign Eleven rack.

Effects and a preamp in one.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
If you're willing to spend $650 on a pre-amp, and $650 on an effects processor, why not get a Axe FX? You can get a Standard for $1300, and it definitely shines as a piece of studio gear. Great effects, amp models, cab emulation, multi-band compressor, EQ's, etc. Anything you could want in the studio.

Hyke666

engl addict
Reaction score
i would advice to check out the new pod x3 pro, just bought one myself and the guitar sounds are pretty decent (every pack is included) also a good pre amp for bass and vocals.. its not the cheapest pod but its a good piece of equipment

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
He's doing studio work, which I take to mean session work, which means it needs to do everything.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
He's doing studio work, which I take to mean session work, which means it needs to do everything.

Reaction score
Yea Im doing session work ranging from Jazz to Metal and everything in between. I read alot of good reviews about the axe fx also. Looks like an awesome piece of equipment.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Well if you're thinking Axe FX....nothing really. A power conditioner to protect it? You could get a power amp if you wanted, but I'm assuming you're going to be running it direct if it's solely for studio use. You could get a power amp if you wanted to use it live. You could get powered PA speakers too. There's a lot of different setups.

Splees

splees
Reaction score
The axe-fx is the shit. I knew a guy at school that had one. It put my little xt to shame. :( Just going through the presets were like an eye awakening experience. Be prepared to spend a lot of time tweaking though.

Latest posts

')