Stu's 8 string scale and arpeggio guide

• Thread starter stuglue
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did promise to upload some Guitar Pro 6 scale, arpeggio and chord fingering patterns in tab form after a forum member requested it.
i'm a novice with GP6 so its basic but you get the idea

I started with G major with the scale and arpeggio going up the neck
These were for the guys who play in standard 8 string tuning
(F#,B,E,A,D,G,B,E)
Don't worry about the time signature 7/4 its irrelevant here but i wanted to make sure that there was consistency with the rhythm so i worked out that 16th note triplets would fit, ideal for working with a metronome (they are just triplets)
for those who are experienced wth Guitar Pro please edit them to include fingering markings on the score as i didn't figure out how to do that.

Now the part that i have interest in.
I'll be hoping to tune my 8 up to high A tuning
(B,E,A,D,G,B,E,A)
So far i have only created fingerings for a major arpeggio (C) so i will also create the scale fingering patterns as well later.
What is really interesting with this tuning is that the bottom 3 and top 3 strings are exactly the same so you can keep the shapes the same on each set of strings, very easy on the memory
Ive included files in PDF and PNG format. I also have the GP6 or GP5 files as well (SSO doesn't allow those to be attached)
Please leave any comments so that i can update any errors.

View attachment 24620
View attachment 24618
View attachment 24619
View attachment 24621
View attachment 24622

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Reaction score
Ok, i've done some more work guys.
First of all i've tabbed out the G Harmonic Minor scale for you guys with the low F# string (I chose G as its the first fret on the low F# so gave me the entire fretboard to go up)
I've also tabbed out a G Min arpeggio for the low F# too.
I've created various fingerings but please feel free to create your own
with these patterns you can simply transpose them to what ever key you need.

I've also created a list of positions for a C Min arpeggio for the 8 stringers with a high A string tuning.
Not had chance to tab out the C Harmonic Minor scale for low B plus high A but I will get around to it.

More to come
View attachment 24646

View attachment 24647

View attachment 24648

View attachment 24649

View attachment 24650

stuglue

Reaction score

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You just edged out Disco Stu as my new favorite Stu! Thanks for the effort and sharing that stuff with us!

')