Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yes. :hbang:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

:tmm:

EDIT: Oops, fucked up link.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Haven't you had these for a while? :scratch:

Eh? They came today, when I got back from Drew's they were waiting for me.

wtf?! more pics :lol: That's a big box... Do you have more to share with other ppl? ;D

The more the merrier :) One of these pickups I'm not going to install, as my custom 7 only has one pickup. If anyone wants the spare, let me know :yesway:

Those look standard sized to me \m/ What are they going in man?

In here. Yes they're standard sized ones. I have an EMG sized set coming but it's for my bandmates.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Sweet. :hbang:

Get them installed and recorded asap. :squint:

Let me buy the one you wont be using :idea: Seriously. :yesway:

Ryan

Reaction score
Hmm daddy's gonna need a set. The ones on the bay just sold too. :mad: I'm sure that V will terrorize after that install man.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet. :hbang:

Get them installed and recorded asap. :squint:

Let me buy the one you wont be using :idea: Seriously. :yesway:

I've already recorded 6 songs with the Blackouts which I posted in another thread :) Hopefully I'll install these tomorrow. I will be making more though yeah :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm daddy's gonna need a set. The ones on the bay just sold too. :mad: I'm sure that V will terrorize after that install man.

Yeah man they rule, I'd recommend them to anybody - even Drew. That said the Invader thats in there now sounds amazing too. I have another Vixen 7 coming that will have the Invader also and I'll keep it that way. I needed one of them to have the Blackouts tho :metal:

Can we have a picstory of the install for us sad newbs?

Sure :)

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
I've already recorded 6 songs with the Blackouts which I posted in another thread :) Hopefully I'll install these tomorrow. I will be making more though yeah :metal:

I thought those were the 6ers though? But they sounded damn good either way. :yesway:

(youve been pm'd btw)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought those were the 6ers though? But they sounded damn good either way. :yesway:

(youve been pm'd btw)

Well to the best of my knowledge the 6 string ones and 7 string ones are the same. I suppose they could be different, but I've never been able to hear a difference between 6-string Duncans and 7-string ones. Unlike DiMarzio where its drastically different.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Another V7? I'm so about to change your avatar...

Yeah I made a thread about it like, back in September or something when I ordered it. It's going be about the same as the one I have now, with a look like this...

5.jpg

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
oh my, very nice. i cant wait to see them installed! :hbang:

make sure to let us know if htere are any tonal differences between the 7 and 6 models :agreed:

i'm gonna have to pickup a bridge model of these when i save up the cash (and when they're readily available) as i've decided i vastly prefer the tone of active pickups.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
make sure to let us know if htere are any tonal differences between the 7 and 6 models :agreed:

i'm gonna have to pickup a bridge model of these when i save up the cash (and when they're readily available) as i've decided i vastly prefer the tone of active pickups.

Will do.

BTW, if I were you I'd order the both the bridge and neck model and see which one you like most, then sell/return the other. Both models work in either position. They have the same specs/output, one just has a ceramic magnet (ala an 81) and one has an alnico magnet (ala a 707). So, if you're used to the 707 model, I'd go with the neck one in the bridge.