Success! (Blackout 7s Arrived)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:shrug: Nipples.

I haven't played the sixer through my Recto

There you go. Yeah, my Hellrasier w/ EMG 81/85 never had noise issues thru my home amp either. Through a good tube amp, it can sound great, but damn... just so noisy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7-string SD actives = :metal:

now they just need a livewire metal one :lol: my X2N blows the shit out of the 81 I had in before it, neither give me any noise though, lol

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Heres an question, Can you run the Blackouts with the 18volt mod like Emg's and is there any benefit?

daniboy

what?!?
Reaction score
Heres an question, Can you run the Blackouts with the 18volt mod like Emg's and is there any benefit?

apparently there's no need to run the blackouts with 18v to increase headroom. those who did over at the duncan forum reported there's no significant difference.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, again, you're talking about EMG 60s, so why even mention it. EMG 81s/707s feedback and are as noisy as they come.
Im not always talking about 60's, i just try to get the point out those are a good alternative. I havent always just been after 60s. i mean who doesnt start with the 81/85. when we hooked up moe's guitar with was an 8185, then we tried swappign the two, and he liked th 85, so we put dual 85s in. still, no issue (run through a rivera or a gt8). tried it with my friends eclipse 2 with dual 60s, which is when i fell in love with the 60s. and zilch. the lack of noise is the one reason i was ever willing to keep dealing with emg's when my only experience with em was the 81. no roaring feedback, ever. I've cranked an 81/60 several times through a framus cobra to about 8.5, and zilch.

Hey, if they dont work for you guys though then they dont. :shrug:
i just hope the noise never strikes me :ugh:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
EMG 81 x2. I believe you hate these. :lol:

for 7 string? for some reason i like the 81-7, something is just a wee bit different than the 81. i'm grabbing some evo's for now, but i'll shoot you a pm at some point if im interested

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
wait. i just thought of something. Nick, with emg's i know they say there is no need, but do you run a ground to the bridge still? I always have, and theres just about always a hand on my strings, unless im strumming some open chord, and that would run over the feedback anyways.
that could be why i dont get noise with em

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibznorange: I'm no longer responding to your posts if it's in regards to EMGs. Subjects been beaten to death :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, Root does use the 60 in the bridge.

But as Nick said so eloquently earlier, who gives a fuck? :lol:

Nice score man. You've convinced me to place an order for my S7. :woot: Thanks man!

frank falbo

Reaction score
I finally got my set for the NAMM guitar on Friday, and the epoxy was still wet. I stayed late and installed them in the NAMM guitar (Schecter long scale) and noodled around with the Mesa Triple Rec. Man, what a sound. Clarity on the low end without sacrificing the organic tone on the high end. Anything I say will just be considered marketing, uh, "mumbo jumbo" was it?:lol: So for now I'll just let you guys talk about them.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Which model Schecter was it Frank? Your mumbo jumbo intrigues me. Please tell me more. :D

Nick how do the Blackout sets compare to the 707s? I'm tempted to slap some in my Loomis.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of epoxy, why are they epoxied?

i would assume, just like emg's that the pups are epoxied in the covers as another anti microphonic measure, and, you know, to hold the covers on

Latest posts

')