Suggest some Japanese rock/metal bands (similar to Loudness, Anthem)

• Thread starter Spaced Out Ace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions? Like Loudness, EZO, and Anthem quite a bit, but not very fond of X Japan. I also have Vow Wow/Bow Wow, Earthshaker, and Sex Machineguns to check out in more detail. Stuff in that vein would be really awesome, preferably with guitarists who can write killer riffs and play great licks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Seikima-II is definitely a good one to check out given the other examples you listed. They're another big name from the oldschool Japanese scene.

Apart from them, Concerto Moon and Arkstorm are good if you like Neoclassical shameless Yngwie knockoff type stuff. (Most of them do Yngwie better than Yngwie to be honest...)

I'm into the Pop Metal Visual Kei groups more than anything, so that's about the extent of my suggestions.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Seikima-II is definitely a good one to check out given the other examples you listed. They're another big name from the oldschool Japanese scene.

Apart from them, Concerto Moon and Arkstorm are good if you like Neoclassical shameless Yngwie knockoff type stuff. (Most of them do Yngwie better than Yngwie to be honest...)

I'm into the Pop Metal Visual Kei groups more than anything, so that's about the extent of my suggestions.
Cool I'll add them to the check out list. There used to be someone on here who had like 12 hard drives full of Japanese music. Lol

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Galneryus, Deluhi, Far East Dizain are great for top tier guitar play

Desecravity are a cool DM band

Everyone knows Dir En Grey, very varied back catalog

The Gazette are another pretty huge J Rock band with some good songs

feilong29

Reaction score
Well, if you are trying to stick with the melodic rock (Anthem), look up Earthshaker and Sex Machineguns! Love Anthem though, that is my number one. I hope to see them at least once while I'm here in Japan.

edit: I see that you have already mentioned those, haha, sorry!

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Electric eel shock, suspended4th, also wagakkiband but they are a bit quirky

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score

They're more post-hardcore/melodic hardcore with a heavy netalcore tinge, but Fact were the shit. Their self-titled album has some of the best production I've ever heard in that genre and the songs slap hard. Really catchy vocals and some badass riffs. BRB, gonna go listen to them on loop

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
This band never made it far but I've been a big fan for long time

edit: nevermind, I need to learn how to read. Totally wrong genre.

Latest posts

')