Suggestions on a new 7?

• Thread starter Metalus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
So im looking for a new 7 that I want to tune to FCGCFAD, maybe 26.5-27" scale, and fixed bridge. Suggestions? :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Is this an "upgrade" guitar or a "similar guitar to what I already have but for a specific purpose" guitar?

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
Man... Soooo many options fall under those specifications... What shape are you looking for? Color? particular brands you like/want something similar to? you can really nitpick with that budget, and most 7s are 26.5-27" scale anyways. Personally after having played a few I would go with a Schecter Banshee or KM-7. I know they are both at the upper end of your budget, but they would be my first choices.

teddy_baca

Reaction score
^^^^ Banshee, KM7, or SLS c-7. Sound like a schecter fanboy but I have been impressed by all of those.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Is this an "upgrade" guitar or a "similar guitar to what I already have but for a specific purpose" guitar?

Not necessarily a similar guitar but definitely for a specific purpose and project. I was eyeing the Carvin DC700. Thoughts?

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Man... Soooo many options fall under those specifications... What shape are you looking for? Color? particular brands you like/want something similar to? you can really nitpick with that budget, and most 7s are 26.5-27" scale anyways. Personally after having played a few I would go with a Schecter Banshee or KM-7. I know they are both at the upper end of your budget, but they would be my first choices.

I own 2 JP's and consider to be my 2 favorite guitars in the world due to the wonderful neck shape and playability. Id like to get something similar in that regard instead of another JP

tomforucase

Reaction score
Sound like a schecter fanboy but I have been impressed by all of those.
qsgfyi

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
I'd say check out the KM-7. Also, OT but would that tuning be for use with ATWW? :cool:

7stg

Reaction score
Not necessarily a similar guitar but definitely for a specific purpose and project. I was eyeing the Carvin DC700. Thoughts?

Check out the Carvin DC7x, amazing quality and 27" scale for a bit more clarity for the low note.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Check out the Carvin DC7x, amazing quality and 27" scale for a bit more clarity for the low note.

How are the necks on those? Im a JP/Ibanez guy so I'm hoping i can get a really thin neck.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
You Yanks shouldn't have to even think about that :lol: ----Carvin all the way ! I was seriously considering getting one despite import tax + shipping, where it would cost almost 150% of the original price

7stg

Reaction score
How are the necks on those? Im a JP/Ibanez guy so I'm hoping i can get a really thin neck.

If you call in to order they do have a thin neck option which is just a little thinner than their normal neck. It is a thin c shape, and still a little thicker than the thinner Ibanez wizard-ii necks but not by much.

danpluso

Reaction score
Ive heard a lot of quality complains about the RGD. Any RGD owners wanna chime in? :D

I would also like to hear these RGD owners chime in.

What complaints have you heard? The only real complaint I have heard is about the finish on them. I really want a RGD Prestige myself.

I'm also surprised no one seems to mention Agile anymore. Has the Agile hype died down now??? Agile Septor or Interceptor may be a good option for you.

7stg

Reaction score
I'm also surprised no one seems to mention Agile anymore. Has the Agile hype died down now??? Agile Septor or Interceptor may be a good option for you.

I don't think so, When someones budget hits 1,000ish or any level above that and their desired specs fit what Carvin offers, There is no better guitar for the money than a Carvin.

If their budget is firmly less than 900 and given that Agile offers some specs Carvin does not like longer scales, multi-scales, and 9 and 10 strings, which may be desired, then get an Agile.

')