Suhr Discovery Delay

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Man everyones coming out with these slick delays atm. Duncan just released the Vapor Trails Deluxe (own one, currently my favorite analog delay).

This one looks cool, though. Has a shit ton of I/O options and a more versatile EQ than most. Better be worth the price.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Wow, cool. I wanna warp things with that expression pedal input. Looks cool.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
So tired of the THE BEST **** EVER??? Clickbait shit on every gear video.

Haha. You’re not wrong but it’s funny how Pete addresses and jokes about exactly that when he first starts talking in the video.

sevenfoxes

Reaction score
Wow! This sounds hella good! Not sure if i personally can find $550 worth of value in it though. Think I’d rather put that money towards an FM3 lol!

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
Wow! This sounds hella good! Not sure if i personally can find $550 worth of value in it though. Think I’d rather put that money towards an FM3 lol!
Agree. I was listening to that and thought “man it sounds great…but I can get all that goodness out of my FM3.” Lol

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Agree. I was listening to that and thought “man it sounds great…but I can get all that goodness out of my FM3.” Lol

My biggest issue with using delays on modelers is that it's probably the only pedal I like to fuck with settings on the fly. Like yeah, I can deal with chorus, reverbs, everything else having a fixed "in the rack" setting, but I *have* to have a delay on my board I can control on the fly. I love to get that spacey UFO runaway shit like he keeps getting in the video by fucking with the regen/repeats and time knob.

I just noticed the waveform selection on the modulation, too. That's slick AF.
Just the fact this is a MIDI controllable pedal makes it really cool to me. Not a lot of delays have MIDI features, let alone anlog ones.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
My biggest issue with using delays on modelers is that it's probably the only pedal I like to fuck with settings on the fly. Like yeah, I can deal with chorus, reverbs, everything else having a fixed "in the rack" setting, but I *have* to have a delay on my board I can control on the fly. I love to get that spacey UFO runaway shit like he keeps getting in the video by fucking with the regen/repeats and time knob.

Just the fact this is a MIDI controllable pedal makes it really cool to me. Not a lot of delays have MIDI features, let alone anlog ones.

More of the cool things on the Fractal gear. You can control pretty much any parameter with an expression pedal or switch. Also, you can use the perform page to have the delay controls assigned to the front panel knobs. So basically everything you mentioned including being able to change the waveform of the modulation as well (two LFOs; each can affect both channels or just L or R; pretty awesome).
Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 6.34.54 PM.png

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So tired of the THE BEST **** EVER??? Clickbait shit on every gear video.

Imagine standing out in the crowd if you dont do the clickbait title and ridiculous thumbnail :lol:

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
So many fun modulated delays to choose, glad I finally committed to putting a tiny pedalboard together to justify purchases like these, haha
Not that I'm trying to talk you into an FM3 or out of this pedal. This Suhr looks awesome. Just saying it's cool I can get the same functionality (and likely sound) out of the FM3. :)
Shhhhh- I still want to have pedals, don't talk me out of this :lol:

laxu

Reaction score

You can do this on modelers easily. On Fractal you could use the perform view to get a quick access to delay controls. Or map an expression pedal to a control.

On Helix you can touch a footswitch assigned to the delay and then it will be selected and editable with the knobs. Or you could use its pedal edit mode so you don’t need to bend to the floor at all. Then you can select a control with switches and use an expression pedal to change the setting.

')