SumatrA (Russian Progressive Deathcore)

• Thread starter LadyKiller
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Did you know them?
They are really cool imo.
The Guys are very young and talented.
Karen (the axeman) has a youtube channel where he plays Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, After The Burial and The Faceless stuff PERFECT!
The boys uploaded their first record for free ;) The link is in Karen's Youtube Videos ;) :hbang:

Karen Himself made Tabs for the 1st Sumatra Record ;)
http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/s/sumatra/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
First impressions: a little generic, but definitely up my street, very tight and very heavy!

Thanks for sharing :yesway:

polydeathsphere

Reaction score
I really get that generic feel too, also not a fan of the vox. I'm sure they will get better in the writing department, they have sick talent there!

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Some what generic, but has some amazing bits.
The Halflife 2 G-man breakdown in Heliocratic Infinity and the harmonized sweeps in Rescuing? So great.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I've been following their guitarist's work for quite a while but I find the band itself to be incredibly generic and dull. The guys are skilled though. I don't have anything against the vocals.

Reaction score
yeah to bad they broke up. i fucking love these guys too. im listening to them now actually...
but yeah karen is an awesome guy, and im glad that something epic has come out of the motherland that i like (im more than half russian with dual citinship)

:hbang:

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Karen will record a solorecord in the vein of Chimp Spanner. he actually bought a 8-string Ibanez and working hard on his debut:shred:

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm ganna be a sheep, and agree with everyone else here.

Kinda generic, and the vocals blow. Tons of talent, can't argue with that.

When I first opened the page, some douchenugget put a rap song in the comments, and i was hearing that too, and thought it was part of the music, lol.

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Sumatra REUNITED!!!!
After 2 months of official break-up we decided that we can`t just leave this project and reunited so we`re again up to work and currently composing and writing new material for our next full-format album. So stay tuned folks and keep fucking supporting us, promote us as much as you can make all your friends know about us and listen to our music, make fan communities and clubs and let us know about it and we at our turn will keep crushing every city that we visit with our music.
With respects,
Yours Sumatra!

YouTube - kapral18's Channel

Karen Himself made Tabs for the 1st Sumatra Record ;)
http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/s/sumatra/

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
As a 100% russian this bummes me out. Shame to see such great skill go to waste on such generic music. Can't they come with something original? Oh wait..sounds like they're in it to "make it". Blegh.

')