Summer Slaughter 2 announced

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Not bad. 3 great bands and Black Dahlia Murder. I'd go for the other 3. I NEED to see cryptopsy. i havent seen them in 3 years.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Well from what I recall, the first one was Necrophagist and a bunch of metalcore/deathcore bands, so getting three honest-to-satan death metal bands in the preliminary announcement is a pretty big improvement in my mind. Oh well.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Unless they announce 5 kick ass bands, it probably won't be worth it. The only bands worth seeing now on that tour are Kataklysm and Vader. I doubt you'll want to see Cryptopsy now Metal Ken now that they have a keyboardist and a vocalist to do clean. It's not even really Cryptopsy anymore. Lord Worm > *.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^^Well from what I recall, the first one was Necrophagist and a bunch of metalcore/deathcore bands, so getting three honest-to-satan death metal bands in the preliminary announcement is a pretty big improvement in my mind. Oh well.

dont forget decapitated and arsis. you could have those 3 tour with Hanson and it would still be a brutal show.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wish we had tours like that over here. All four of those bands have toured Australia in the last three years, but just individually with Australian supports. : /

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
dont forget decapitated and arsis. you could have those 3 tour with hansen and it would still be a brutal show.

I couldn't get into Arsis. I went and bought an album after I got tickets for Summer Slaughter because everyone said they kicked ass. I listened to the whole cd, and thought it was shit. There's like 30 second sections of every song that I like, then it just turns to shit. I did get my picture taken with Witek though and a bunch of frenchies I was hanging out with, I really should try to find that picture, one of the frenchies has it :lol:

FortePenance

Reaction score
Eh... Last year's Summer Slaughter seemed really hyped up, with almost all the focus revolving around Necrophagist. I can't say either year really impressed me. This year, I think i'm only seriously diggin' TBDM and 'Chapel.

But i'm in hong kong so that doesnt matter. :(

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Daath kicked ass, and Ion Dissonance was solid whether you liked their stuff or not.

Jeff

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
I have no desire to see any of those bands :( Well, maybe Vader. I skipped the Summer Slaughter tour last year since I didn't even know Necrophagist at the time. If I did, I probably would've gone.

I don't know why anyone would care to see Cryptopsy.. I've already seen them lots of times, opening for bigger bands.. being in Canada i run into them a lot :) But I don't think they're very impressive. All their songs sound the same to me, this coming from both their live sets and recorded work. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.. or something.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Last year's Summer Slaughter was pretty bitchin' actually. Necrophagist, Arsis, Decapitated and Cephalic Carange...that seems like a damn good lineup to me. So far I'm relatively unimpressed. Last year there were a few good bands then a bunch of hxc shit. So far I'm really only digging Cryptopsy and Vader. If SoP was complete, I would want to be seeing them there.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I have no desire to see any of those bands :( Well, maybe Vader. I skipped the Summer Slaughter tour last year since I didn't even know Necrophagist at the time. If I did, I probably would've gone.

I don't know why anyone would care to see Cryptopsy.. I've already seen them lots of times, opening for bigger bands.. being in Canada i run into them a lot :) But I don't think they're very impressive. All their songs sound the same to me, this coming from both their live sets and recorded work. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.. or something.

The older Lord Worm albums own face, with the exception of the pile of shit that was Once Was Not. Cryptopsy is basically dead, especially with the whole clean vocalist/keyboardist thing. They really should change the band name, I can't see them adding keyboard lines to Cryptopsy classics like Abigor and Phobophile, and if they did I'm pretty sure they'd start a riot from the older fans.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, according to Blabbermouth, this is the completed lineup:

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
KATAKLYSM
VADER
CRYPTOPSY
THE FACELESS
DESPISED ICON
ABORTED
BORN OF OSIRIS
PSYCROPTIC
WHITECHAPEL

and here are the first confirmed dates:

July 19 - Spokane, WA @ Big Easy Concert House
July 20 - Boise, ID @ Big Easy Concert House

So, not as varied as the first tour, but a bit less lame overall, I guess.

')