Summer Slaughter 2014

• Thread starter Draceius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
the only bands I'm not fond of seeing are dying fetus(They never gelled well with me), goatwhore (I only like one song) and Morbid Angel is meh to me I was really only into the first few albums and I'm not sure if they play that stuff live everything else is pretty freaking cool I can't wait to go

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Fallujah should be headlining this bitch :hbang: Then again, Origin and Morbid Angel are pretty sick

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Origin is hands down the most fun show I've ever seen. From a crowd-surfing unicorn, to just the personality of Jason Keyser. The man broke his damn finger on-stage and put it back in place, also on stage. Was pretty scary. Also is notorious for riding atop the crowd to the bar, getting a shot, and being carried back to the stage. Pretty funny.

Also pretty important fact here: John Longstreth is better than your favorite drummer. This is non-debatable, but you can try to prove me wrong if you want. No care.

For me, Jason Keyser ruins the whole experience with his obnoxious banter.

Origin's insanely talented set of musicians can be an awesome spectacle if Jason could simply shut the hell up and sing the damn songs instead of CONSTANTLY talking with his swingy, non-nonchalant tone of voice. Stop telling the crowd how to move, stop asking the crowd so many questions, stop having a conversation between every song.

I was lucky enough to see them when James Lee was still in the band. Seeing the first time, I thought, "Damn, that is a scary ............". But Jason literally ruins one of my favorite bands. He's not even a great vocalist in my opinion.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Finally back to a lineup that is worthy of being on a tour called "Summer Slaughter." Glad that it is back to a more death metal vibe instead of the djent fest of the past few years.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
Fallujah and Within the Ruins is great. Dying Fetus would be cool to see, but that is all.
The last years had a way more diverse lineup which i think suits this tour better.

on the other... why do i even bother? i live in Germany
wish we could have those tours.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Morbid Angel and Dying Fetus are the only two worth seeing to me... but well worth it. I have yet to see Dying Fetus live, and Morbid Angel is the best live band I have seen. They do play songs from the most recent album, but only the ones that sound like every other song they've done before it.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Morbid Angel and Dying Fetus are the only two worth seeing to me... but well worth it. I have yet to see Dying Fetus live, and Morbid Angel is the best live band I have seen. They do play songs from the most recent album, but only the ones that sound like every other song they've done before it.
Have you listened to music by the other bands? This is a very tasty billing as it's a "if you like X, you'll love Y" type lineup. Perhaps with the exception if Thy Art is Murder (not saying they're bad whatsoever but they're a little different to the others)

Reaction score
Played a show with Dying fetus, they were incredible.

Also played with Fallujah and Within The Ruins. Fallujah was incredible both shows we did with them

Within The Ruins however wasn't very impressive, but I think one of their guitarist had just joined, so I'd give them a another shot. Their material is cool enough

Seen The "classic" Faceless line up about 4 times, they toured so much back then. Haven't seen them with just Keene. Should be interesting at the least.

Played with Goatwhore. They were good and yeah I admit Sam had an attitude but holy shit can he play the drums. Is he still just playing bass for them? Wtf?

And Decrepit Birth just blows.

Also pretty important fact here: John Longstreth is better than your favorite drummer

^this

Rosal76

Reaction score
Also pretty important fact here: John Longstreth is better than your favorite drummer. This is non-debatable, but you can try to prove me wrong if you want. No care.

John is freaking awesome. He did an amazing job on Dim Mak's last album, "The Emergence of Reptilian Altars" (2011), which I can't stop listening to. :hbang:

Ajb667

Reaction score
I'm more impressed with this than Mayhem, so I'll probably be going.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
I'll probably go if it comes close enough. Have any dates been confirmed besides the Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY shows?

Reaction score
Does anyone one know if this tour usually skips Orlando and goes to Fort Lauderdale or Gainesville instead?

Driving four hours+ total = :(.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Yeah, it usually goes to Tampa. I don't think it's ever been in Orlando. The two Florida dates are typically Tampa and Lauderdale.

Reaction score
It's like they know where I live and are playing as far away as possible!

I wish some more tours would hit Daytona.

Back in the day I would let bands play in my garage, and it was always awesome. My friends would do security and make sure no one broke or stole anything when using the bathroom.

Having a show in the middle of a giant suburb was always a unique experience. The parking was always hilarious, but with 200+ it would be an issue.

emujarofhagas

Reaction score
For anyone who's never seen Origin live, they are mind blowing and absolutely worth going to see them. Last year's lineup was awesome, but this year's is awesome in a different way. Definitely going. But Thy Art really shouldn't be that high on the lineup....

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see Decrepit Birth live for a while. Plus most the other bands they have so far are pretty killer too. I'm definitely going to go!

Does anyone know if this is the final line up? Or are going to add more?

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Have you listened to music by the other bands? This is a very tasty billing as it's a "if you like X, you'll love Y" type lineup. Perhaps with the exception if Thy Art is Murder (not saying they're bad whatsoever but they're a little different to the others)

I enjoy The Faceless's first album and Goatwhore is kinda whatever, but I do not like any of the other bands.

')