Summer Slaughter Tour

• Thread starter Q247
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse

Reaction score
I was going to go, but then I saw ticket prices were like 70 and was line no....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I would love to see it get more brutal again. I am not knocking (and frankly like) the bands playing this year, but it isn't "Summer Slaughter" like it used to be.

Maybe one day we will see it return to death metal and have a more brutal lineup. Maybe Necrophagist will actually have a new record and we will see them tour around. FWIW I just feel it needs to be back to the 2009/2010 lineups with tech death, grindcore, and black metal even, with a seriously good headliner like a classic band such as Morbid Angel, Carcass, Gorguts, etc. I'd kill for some west coast bands to tour out east too.

Might make it to the July 29 HOB Orlando show, unless half the lineup gets banned.

KultureDekay

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know when the show ends? I think they usually start around 2-3:30. I am coming to the MD show, I presumed they have about the same schedule

Reaction score
Went to the L.A. show on 7/20 - doors opened @ 2:30 - Periphery went on at around 8:45, AAL @ 9:40 and Dillinger closed the show starting around 10:30 and played till about 11:30.

Anyone remember when these things went till 2AM? Feels like its geared towards highschool kids now....

As expected Dillinger got the crowd going nuts and fans started getting injured and ejected. Overall not a bad show, too bad Misha and Tosin only played 30-min, 6-song sets w/ no new material to be seen. Also AAL had some technical issues and had to restart 2-songs but all in all they sounded sick.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Wish it was coming near Ohio. Detroit doesn't count.

Reaction score
I guess I am not going to Summer Slaughter Tour on August 1st in Myrtle Beach now.
My car decided to take a shit on me... And my buddies who WERE going (they always say they are going to big concerts) decided to back out and not go (no surprise)...
So I have no transportation and the gig is only 45 mins away from Wilmington where I live.
I am literally about to take a gun to my head...

brector

Reaction score
Excited the Knoxville show is tonight! I'll be the older, balding ginger lol

-Brian

jeleopard

Reaction score
Any of you Philly-area guys should come on the 4th. It'll be my birthday. I'll be wearing a Hanneman memorial shirt. :D

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Was looking forward to Worcester saturday. Funds and saving for my own apartment are making this not look likely :(

RadDadTV

Reaction score
I was at the Dallas show. Dillinger, Norma Jean, and Thy Art Is Murder ....ing killed it, I wasn't super impressed with any of the other bands though.

Osiris

Reaction score
Caught it yesterday in Atlanta. Only saw like 2/3rds of the bands, and here's a brief review if anyone cares. Sorry for wall of text but I don't want to take up the whole thread.

Thy Art is Murder were cool, had really tight playing and their frontman's accent added a bunch of personality. But the actual music did nothing for me. They do deathcore really well though.
Rings of Saturn were really tight and cool but played some of the most soulless music I've ever heard. Great musicians though.
Aeon were brutal as .... and had the best guitar tone of the night, I thought. Singer looked like Genghis Khan and their drummer raised hell. These guys were on top of it
The Ocean kicked ass but had a new bassist. They only had a 25 minute set and played 3 songs, two of which were from Pelagial. Sounded great but we wanted so much more.
The crowd went apeshit for Periphery. Their entrance was perfect and they had some loop to start off with then jumped straight into Icarus Lives! Bulb and Jake used like 3 different guitars and they all had awesome stage presence. Spencer and Bulb stage dove multiple times. Again, much too short of a setlist, but everyone did except Dillinger. Friend and I got a picture with Bulb and got to talk to Spencer afterward. Jake even gave my friend a free water (they were charging $3.50 for them at the bar).
Then AAL went on and rocked hard as well. They had screens up with visualizations and the whole band had great stage presence. The trio seemed to have no weak spot whatsoever and played incredibly tightly. There was even a mosh pit for most of the songs.
We only stayed for the first half of Dillinger but they were sick too. Their entrance had some bright-ass LED looking lights and screens with visuals of some old-timey psychiatrist putting some chick into hypnosis. Had sick atmosphere for an intro. Then they jumped in and went straight into songs. Greg and Ben were stage diving and jumping off amps and everything. Really nice stuff.

We missed Revocation, Cattle Decapitation, and Norma Jean but we had to eat. Overall, great tour and would recommend to a friend.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
I was at the Dallas show. Dillinger, Norma Jean, and Thy Art Is Murder ....ing killed it, I wasn't super impressed with any of the other bands though.
I too was at the dallas show, but we went for just periphery and AAL. We had been at work that day and could aonly catch them. (We were so exhausted after periphery we couldn't last for Dillinger.)

Richie666

Reaction score
What time has Revocation been going on?

the_heretic_divine

The Fruit Bat
Reaction score
Soooo.....The Ocean had to cancel their Myrtle Beach set,due to their drummer having a bad case of gout. Not cool. Really,the only reason I went to the show. Have been wanting to see them for 8 years. Oh well. I suffered through a few bands,checked out Periphery,and left. Wanted to see AAL,but was too irritated at that point to even enjoy myself.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
went to san fran show, it was goddamn awesome, got to hang out with the dudes from revocation and periphery, tosin was unbelievable live and dillenger was ....in insane

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
Last night in Philly was unbelievably epic. Dillinger's stage show is maybe the worst vibes I've ever felt (in a great way). I actually have a mark on my face from Greg shoving the mic into it.

I also met Nolly :hbang:
0bN9x4q.jpg

')