Sunn sound

• Thread starter thekingmaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thekingmaker

Reaction score
So Sunn heads are great. But they're pretty hard to find. Is there any kind of alternative? Something that's easier to find, maybe in the same price range or less?
Just looking to achieve a tone like this:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weber does have a SUNN kit. Said and done it'll likely still be cheaper than what SUNN stuff sometimes goes for, and will be a new and customizable amp.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I wish I had an ear for bass tone...I hear about all these legendary amps but they always just sound like any bass amp to me :lol:

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The Model T heads are the ones that are usually super expensive.
If you already have a bass cab the solid state heads like the Beta Bass and Coliseum usually aren't too bad in price when they pop up, they rarely break $500, a distortion or overdrive pedal will be your friend in getting the sound to really break up. I'm not totally certain but I think the Weber Sunn kit is more like a Sunn S100 than anything.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I love that OD tone, it's rare to hear something so nasty captured in a recording so well.

A GK head (700 RB possibly) with the right OD/distortion pedal (this kid apparently uses a Delta Lab Tube Overdrive for girt... $50) and playing with a pick might get you in the neighborhood. Snarly cabs will help too.

Latest posts

')