Super heavy bass tone...whatchu know about dat?

• Thread starter jsaudio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Good man, that should be the point of this forum is helping others get better. Also on your bass bus, try a cut at 4k that should help is not be so harsh. Basically you will want to treat the bass distortion as you would the guitar distortion

I've been mixing metal for 10 years ;), but still learning so much.. This forum rocks.. :hbang:

I actually LPF the bass to around 3.5 KHZ (Yes 3.5) :), it's noticeable solo but in the context of a mix it really makes all the difference. It let's the vocals and guitars breath and (I do mastering services also) it really helps when your trying to keep up with this silly loudness war. (Also using a multiband at mastering helps)

I don't know if he did this on purpose, but the guy seemed to line the frequency of the kick and bass perfectly and didn't have to introduce any type of ducking. So Kudos!!

It's the low end boom, it's like a hammer to the head after a while.. So I just backed off on the kick compression seems better.. Great stuff! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jsaudio

Reaction score
Yea Im the original post lol and I edit my stuff like that on purpose so it hits harder. I have another post on this forum "mix I did for ever forth right" that has this same type of bass processing with 8 string guitars may wanna give it a listen

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Yea Im the original post lol and I edit my stuff like that on purpose so it hits harder. I have another post on this forum "mix I did for ever forth right" that has this same type of bass processing with 8 string guitars may wanna give it a listen

Really impressed, I skipped your name sorry :)...

On mine I only distorted 1 - 3.5K I wanted to keep the dynamics of the low end.. I gather that's kinda what your did as well.

I'll have a look, thanks again...

')