Superbowl Halftime show

• Thread starter JoeyBTL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
"What you got there... I gotta give it to my mama..."

And that's why they didn't have a cord...

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
what a bummer man..you'd think they'd at least plug in a cord..ha,ha..oh well..obama gets away w/whatever he wants . why not them..America isn't the same anymore..no pride left..and no one does anything about it anyways..and,bitchin isn't gonna change nothin..and like the DUDE says..what a bummer man..what a bummer..

Thanks, OBAMA!

:noplease:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
To get back on schedule, though...

I watched it and thought... Damn that was good and they're in surprisingly good shape as well...

All my friends were hatin on what was essentially them miming to a studio edited mix of their popular songs... I find that funny... But it explains why I thought it sounded so damn good...

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
keidis' jorts were killin the game. stole the show imo. it's also great that he didn't let the winter weather dictate his decision to not wear a shirt. matt pike would be proud.

Bear R.

Bear R.-
Reaction score
:lol:

No matter what happens it ALWAYS comes back to Obama... :facepalm:

sorry guys didn't mean to say it like that..sorry man..thats what I get for opening my stupid mouth..ha,ha..awesome super bowl for the seahawk fans.wow.good for them.....

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Dude should have put a shirt on, man....startin' to look like an old surfer dude....

I would not take that check, even as a poor person.....They could trick me and not actualyl put my guitar through anything, but I'd need to be plugged in...couldn't do it.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think anyone gets paid for the Super Bowl halftime at all.

nope, no one gets paid. Record labels actually PAY the NFL for their acts to play half time. So people bid to play half time. Sure they will sell a bunch more records and stuff, and people might make it out to live shows, but who is really winning here? The NFL and the record companies.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
nope, no one gets paid. Record labels actually PAY the NFL for their acts to play half time. So people bid to play half time. Sure they will sell a bunch more records and stuff, and people might make it out to live shows, but who is really winning here? The NFL and the record companies.

how dare they foist a supremely talented young motown inspired singer on us, and then let him personally choose RHCP to back him up! god damn corporate america, are there no depths you will not sink to!?!

12enoB

It's Boner Backwards
Reaction score
At least the guitarist made it painfully obvious that he wasn't playing anything.

Dethyr

Banned
Reaction score
Joe Buck commented that this was the biggest concert of the year... such a stupid remark. Yes yes I get that there's a massive audience but it's not a concert, it's an intermission. In addition to that, there's what? TWO acts and they play a couple songs? Also, I gather the % of people that are in the stadium and watching on TV that are doing so only to see the half time show and who are actual fans of the acts would be like .000001%

end rant..

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

Dethyr

Banned
Reaction score
Yah I just read that... pretty pathetic that bands are asked to do this shit. What the .... is the point to have bands/acts faking it on stage? Just goes to show how much it takes to entertain idiots it also shows how many people in the stadium or watching on TV actually gave a .... about it.

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
I'm against bands who uses playback during shows where people pays to see the band perform. Here, people were there for a football game, in that case I really dont mind personally

You probably don't realize how prevalent playback is in the music industry, because everyone is starting to use it once they get to that top tier. Hell, there is an AAL Megathread in here and no one seems to discuss how that they use SHITTONS of playback in every single live show they play. That's why the drummer CONSTANTLY plays during the breaks, because he has the click track in his ear monitor. Steel Panther verges on barely playing live at all at some points of their performances, however, they are more of a 'show' than a 'concert'. On and on with examples. Find someone that tours with a National act and ask them.

Necky379

Reaction score
I went to the show the night before, no complaints there, they played their asses off.

TripperJ

Reaction score
I still really can't believe that RHCP faked it, when in the 90's when they were told to fake it on some MTV show they proceeded to abandon their instruments and climb the scaffolding around the stage. I know it was the super bowl but come on.

Edit: I did't see that article before so it is somewhat justified...but it would of been cool to see some guitar smashing and climbing to show that they didn't want to fake it, I guess they can't act liked drugged out 20 somethings forever.

')