Superior Drummer having problems in Reaper

• Thread starter GalacticDeath
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
I've been using SD 2.0 in Reaper for over a year now with no problems. But yesterday I used a preset that has a lot going on in SD 2.0.

Whenever I use that preset I get a weird pop sound in the beginning of the song when I render. Also at 0:16 the drums drop out for a couple beats.

Render Example (track is titled "new death metal")

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
If it was just playback I wouldn't be so worried but the fact that it's worse on the rendered product makes it difficult to deal with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tegara

Surgical
Reaction score
Is the Reapers CPU usage high for you? Whenever I had bad playback problems in Cubase, it usually meant that the SD drum track is going to be ....ed (drums dropping out for several measures or even more than half of the song), what seemed to help a little was playing those parts that had dropped in the rendering process, before rendering the track again. Annoying as hell, but fortunately it's history.

thisiswhywefight

formin like voltron
Reaction score
I've had that pop too, but I normally start a song with a few measures of silence that I cut out later anyway so I've never had an issue with it. Never had any issues with drums dropping out.

If you're using a fair amount of vsts or effects and that's causing cpu usage issues, you could try rendering tracks with a heavy amount of cpu usage individually, which should help lighten the stress on reaper

http://www.untidymusic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/render_stereo.jpg

that's an older version of reaper but you should have a good idea of what you're looking for.

Furyof

Reaction score
I've also had that pop, but I do the same has the guy above me. I usually have measure of silence/high hat that I cut out later.

')