Superior Drummer Q&A

• Thread starter Winspear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakedudebro

Reaction score
Okay..where are these meant to be installed? Installer didn't seem to work and I can't actually find where the already included presets are on my computer either.

EDIT: Think I am using an older version, updating.

I'm having this same problem, but I know for a fact that I'm using the latest version, and the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I'm having this same problem, but I know for a fact that I'm using the latest version, and the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Thirding in with this confusion - bought the download and there's no authorization process as usual with the Metal Foundry expansions and such. Helpppppp O.O

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
For those of you having problems - have you definately checked the Toontrack website and downloaded again? It's V2.2.3, and if you are using 64 bit it should say 64 bit next to the version. I thought I was fully updated because I had downloaded the most recent file on the Toontrack website. However, I redownloaded it and the content of the download had actually changed.

The presets are Combined Presets from the Load/Save menu, and as far as I can tell do not give the option to load individal channels in the mixer.

jameslabrie

Reaction score
First post!
I bought the preset yesterday, but I can't get it in SD. It says it's an "unix"-file and I can't load it in the load/save window. Some advice would be appreciated, thanks!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score

Ut oh - looks like Dream Theater is going to be using Superior with Misha's presets on the next album :lol:

jameslabrie

Reaction score
Seriously though, do I need to convert/open the unix-file somehow to get the .s20 files out from it?

Jakedudebro

Reaction score
For those of you having problems - have you definately checked the Toontrack website and downloaded again? It's V2.2.3, and if you are using 64 bit it should say 64 bit next to the version. I thought I was fully updated because I had downloaded the most recent file on the Toontrack website. However, I redownloaded it and the content of the download had actually changed.

The presets are Combined Presets from the Load/Save menu, and as far as I can tell do not give the option to load individal channels in the mixer.

Yeah, I'm running version 2.2.3 and the presets still won't show up. I've tried just about everything.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Seriously though, do I need to convert/open the unix-file somehow to get the .s20 files out from it?

I don't know what the unix file is. In my download I got an installer and a readme. The read me basically says just run the installer and it will put the files in the correct place. It worked for me once I was running the latest version of SD.

For those of you who can't get the presets to show..sorry, I've no idea. I suggest going to the Toontrack forum.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I even tried installing v.2.2.3 and it still says v.2.2.1. Kinda strange, I've done all the uninstalling/reinstalling I can do. Even the support is no help...I downloaded the thrash/death packs in the same way with no problems at all. Fuck :/

jameslabrie

Reaction score
I fixed it, I didn't realize I had not upgraded to 2.2.3 yet, that solved the problem. Thanks for trying to help anyways :yesway:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I even tried installing v.2.2.3 and it still says v.2.2.1. Kinda strange, I've done all the uninstalling/reinstalling I can do. Even the support is no help...I downloaded the thrash/death packs in the same way with no problems at all. Fuck :/

Maybe you need to relocate/update the plugin from your DAW. Maybe it's still seeing the old one somehow.

PTP

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to use Superior Drummer there's no sound at all. The volume bar in the DAW is moving but its just red instead of the normal spectrum of green to yellow to red. It's really annoying.

clems6belio

Djentlemens :)
Reaction score
I've just bought the preset pack, it's an .exe file so I guess it's a patch.
Install is automatic, but I CAN'T find the preset in Superior 2.0 ?
What I have to do to load it ??

Nakon14

Smells like updog
Reaction score
@Clems6belio, make sure that you have the most recent update of Superior installed on your computer. That a problem a lot of people, myself included, have had with getting this to work but it's a pretty easy fix!

clems6belio

Djentlemens :)
Reaction score
@Clems6belio, make sure that you have the most recent update of Superior installed on your computer. That a problem a lot of people, myself included, have had with getting this to work but it's a pretty easy fix!

Thanks for your help. :)
I was thinking that the preset works only with the most recent version.
But, another question : Is this most recent version is the "Superior Drummer 2.0 Crossgrade" which cost roughtly 160€ ??
This https://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=34 ??
This isn't so pretty easy then :S