Supplement Sources

• Thread starter Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
Does anyone order bulk natural supplements and create their own mixes, blends etc?

I've been using True Nutrition for a little while and I've had ok luck with them, but I'm looking for someone better. Their proteins are good, but I'm pretty sure their aminos are snake oil.

Has anyone tried some similar alternatives like Protein Factory, Bulk Supplements, or another company that they could recommend to me?

bpprox22

String Breaker
Reaction score
True Nutrition seems to be the go-to for that kind of stuff. I'd be curious to hear what others suggest.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
My Protein is very well known and gets great marks as they are no frills and low cost. I am asking why you think you need BCAA's though? Unless you are training fasted that's about the only reason for them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ebart

Reaction score
The recent literature has been showing no effects of BCAAs in general - however leucine (a BCAA) is the amino acid that is shown to stimulate mTOR pathways and therefore muscle protein synthesis. So make sure you're using a protein source with high leucine content (whey), or add supplemental leucine to your protein drinks (it makes everything taste terrible, however). But I'd skip the BCAAs.
ß-alanine and creatine however are certainly worth your money, and a +1 for True Nutrition. Their stuff is now 3rd party tested (I don't know if this was always the case, but the most recent order I got from them it was labelled as such), thus guaranteeing its purity and content.
Love,
An exercise physiologist and nutritional scientist.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
I 2nd the myprotein stuff. Been using it for years and they always have good sales/deals going on, on their website!

RG503

Reaction score
i drink whey isolate in the morning and casein in the evening to keep me full thru the night.... when i exercise. im taking some time off because i tore a rotator cuff. this probably doesnt help you, but it is what it is.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
+1 on creatine and beta alanine, I've also seen very good fat loss boosts from high strength L carnitine personally.

I recently ordered the Bulk preworkout from transparent labs. It is a bit expensive (especially for me with overseas shipping) however it has excellent contents and lower than average caffeine (a plus for me)

It's a large serving but it offers a bit of an all in one pre work out sup solution you might be interested in.

Matthias Hornstein

Reaction score
I really like "MyProtein". It's not as expensive as many other provider and the quality is absolute great! A lot of there products are even "WADA-Tested" so you won't get any problems if you are doing a sport where you get tested once in a while

Mike

Reaction score
Just wanted to update. I've been using Protein Factory products for almost a few months now and I've been very happy with them. I'm not a fan of any unnecessary additives (soy, artificial sugars, flavors, fillers) in my proteins, so it's nice to find a company that shares my sentiment and strives to provide the cleanest product they can.

Matthias Hornstein

Reaction score
Just wanted to update. I've been using Protein Factory products for almost a few months now and I've been very happy with them. I'm not a fan of any unnecessary additives (soy, artificial sugars, flavors, fillers) in my proteins, so it's nice to find a company that shares my sentiment and strives to provide the cleanest product they can.

Thanks for the update!
The cleaner the better - totally agree with you