Sweet 7 on ebay

• Thread starter Tristoner7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
wow, that is a total shredders guitar isnt it :shred: it looks really nice, maple fretboard too...

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
what i dont get is why its scalloped for the 1st two octaves but not 25-30 where you would REALLY need it
:nuts:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's really nice, but good luck doing anything but tap on those upper frets.

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
YES! I have been waiting for that guitar to go up for sale again for 2 years! My lovely fiance was going to buy it for me, and I lost the auction...we are going to have a talk when she gets home cause I never got my guitar!

Sleeper

Reaction score
Mmm, black binding on a natural fiish. Nice. Looks like an amazing axe, but I'd sure miss the neck pup.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Awesome, I wonder for how much it'll go... :hbang:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I also love the title of the auction "Ibanez Steve GMW Gilbert Vai 7-String ONE OF A JEM KIND" lmao

starsnuffer

Reaction score
OzzyC said:
what i dont get is why its scalloped for the 1st two octaves but not 25-30 where you would REALLY need it
:nuts:

Heh. You should really ask why you see guitars with the last few frets only scalloped.

Pick up your guitar. Play a few licks on the upper register. Are your fingers touching the fretboard when you do? No? Me either. If your fingers aren't hitting the fretboard, is there any further need to scallop? How hard do you have to press to actually get the strings to touch wood when those jumbo frets are so close together? What, exactly, do you think scalloping those frets would accomplish?

-W

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
starsnuffer said:
Heh. You should really ask why you see guitars with the last few frets only scalloped.

Pick up your guitar. Play a few licks on the upper register. Are your fingers touching the fretboard when you do? No? Me either. If your fingers aren't hitting the fretboard, is there any further need to scallop? How hard do you have to press to actually get the strings to touch wood when those jumbo frets are so close together? What, exactly, do you think scalloping those frets would accomplish?

-W

That's an interesting point.

I know that Vai has his highest frets scalloped because he claims it helps him play there in spite of his big hands :scratch:

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
starsnuffer said:

-W
your right...to some extent
but if you were to try to do some vibrato or a large bend on some of the highest frets how often does the string slide out from under your fingers since you cant get under the string....well it happens to me all the time
so i would see that as an advantage (esp if you have a low action) to have extra room to 'dig in' to the strings

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
holy shit- it loks like a scalloping OD on that guitar.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say the upper frets aren't scalloped because they're probably there for tapping. There's no phsyical way to play past 24 with your left hand, that's tap territory right there.

')