Sweet 7 stringin band that is crazy heavy

• Thread starter sakeido
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I really love Meshuggah but can't get into these tech hardcore-ish bands. They all just end up sounding liking a parody of each other.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Psyopus, love Meshuggah...but for some reason don't dig that one bit :(

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you heard the whole album?

I think if you call Cephallic Carnage grindcore, you can call these guys grindcore.

_TJK*

No, I haven't heard the album, but generally, I doubt a band like old school Carcass or Napalm death would put 1 track that had no resemblance to the entire genre on their cd, just randomly. And they guys aren't like Cephalic Carnage at all, and I'm not sure I'd even call CC grind either...death grind MAYBE...but to me that title is reserved for bands like Mortician.

TaronKeim

Fiend
Reaction score
No, I haven't heard the album, but generally, I doubt a band like old school Carcass or Napalm death would put 1 track that had no resemblance to the entire genre on their cd, just randomly. And they guys aren't like Cephalic Carnage at all, and I'm not sure I'd even call CC grind either...death grind MAYBE...but to me that title is reserved for bands like Mortician.

I wasn't saying that this track isn't representative of the rest of the album, it is; however, the overall feeling of the entire CD, to me, feels and has a lot in common with Grind releases.

I don't think they are like CC in approach or sound, but CC is a band that is mostly refered and accepted AS Grindcore, even though they have very progressive tendancies, which is something I think them and TDTDE have in common.

Everytime Grindcore is mentioned in regards to more modern bands, unless they are ND, Carcass, MA...etc worshipers, people are always quick to throw up the "if it doesn't sound like ______, it isn't Grind" or "they do ______ and that isn't part of Grindcore"... IMO, just like any genre, over time, they tend to evolve, people just get stuck on arcaic sentimentality about what something "was" and "used" to be.

Times change, so do definitions. IMO.

_TJK*

FortePenance

Reaction score
Why do songs randomly have Sweet Child O' Mine in them? @_@ Like Cliff Burton Surprise by these guys and Punk Rock Classic by RHCP has a random segment of SCOM too.

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
The shit would be awesome if it were instrumental, or at least in the DM growl style. But man, I hate the screaming vocal style.

Have you heard that local band around the Seattle/Tacoma area called Barefoot Barnacle? They are somewhat similar, but no vocals.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That wasn't bad, I might have to check out more of them.

')