Sylosis are back with a new Single + album coming in 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Mirror

Reaction score
In hindsight I really like that Architects made Josh experiment with tunings different from E-standard.

Not like he was not able to write the most heavy shit in standard (Servitude will always tear down walls), but I am all open for him using variety in the future.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
dont know much about the band but the music seems really good...need to check out more.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Cycle of Suffering is a total banger, great riffs for days. Production sounds perfect in my opinion and it's really hard to make a great album nowadays because level is so high. And making impact to a listener because there is so much music out there makes it even harder, but this one has it.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I actually think this is my 2nd favourite album of theirs behind Conclusion of an Age - which is mad! The production of the last few albums weren't quite to my taste, but really digging the sound of the new album.

Here are the rankings in terms of their albums favourite wise:

1. Conclusion of an Age
2. Cycle of Suffering/Edge of the Earth
3. Monolith
4. The Supreme Oppressor
5. Dormant Heart

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Giving it a listen currently. So far I'm loving the blend of what I would consider JMP style riffs.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Been listening to this nonstop since it came out, and I think this may be my favorite album they've released.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Empty Prophets and Apex of Disdain were worth the price of admission alone. Really glad to have them back, it's been too long.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

EDIT: Posted before actually watching, not a 'making of' video. Just an interview about being vegan.

lewis

Reaction score
I actually think this is my 2nd favourite album of theirs behind Conclusion of an Age - which is mad! The production of the last few albums weren't quite to my taste, but really digging the sound of the new album.

Here are the rankings in terms of their albums favourite wise:

1. Conclusion of an Age
2. Cycle of Suffering/Edge of the Earth
3. Monolith
4. The Supreme Oppressor
5. Dormant Heart

This is bang on. Nothing beats Conclusion of an age. Its defo tied 2nd place with edge of the earth.
Well said.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
The new album hits the sweet spot for me. I've listened to it a few times over and I love it.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Anyone go back and listen to Dormant Heart recently? I just picked up on this and I wish I hadn't, but there's this insanely loud chirping noise that comes from one of those large/alt material picks that are so popular nowadays.

Heard pretty loudly on To Build a Tomb, it's really hard to ignore once you pick up on it :wallbash:

@1:55

Pat

Reaction score
Anyone go back and listen to Dormant Heart recently? I just picked up on this and I wish I hadn't, but there's this insanely loud chirping noise that comes from one of those large/alt material picks that are so popular nowadays.

Heard pretty loudly on To Build a Tomb, it's really hard to ignore once you pick up on it :wallbash:

@1:55

Yeah I remember hearing that when it was released - I thought it was a metronome to begin with. Surprised they left it in, maybe they were going for the raw unedited sound?

I agree, really annoying

')