Sylosis Update (New Vocalist + Album)

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willyman101

Reaction score
Ohw man. Josh sounds fucking sick though, I think he'll be doing it live but it doesn't say he's the vocalist on the myspace. Would be really cool though, traditional thrash 4 piece thing.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
He will be doing it live and he is the band's vocalist now as the video says.

Josh is actually a solid vocalist, it's shaping up nicely eh?

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I've never heard of this band, but it's pretty good! Thanks for the find :>

blister7321

Reaction score
sweet its definitely different than the last album
but still sick

i play slide in metal too XD

rikwebb

Reaction score
Wow thats sounding great! Can't wait for the album to come out. Josh's Vocals sound great, also the drumming too.

Curt-Platt

Reaction score
this band is gonna go far for sure, iv lsitened to them for about 2 years now and "conclusion of an age" has always been one of the albums thats constantly cycled through on my itunes an in my car. this one im sure will do the same. :hbang:

Giamatti

Reaction score
In work and can't watch the video. :mad: Can't believe Jamie is gone, that's crazy, can't wait to get home to hear how Josh sounds though. :D

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
That lead tone is great. New vocalist has some serious power too.

willyman101

Reaction score
He will be doing it live and he is the band's vocalist now as the video says.

Josh is actually a solid vocalist, it's shaping up nicely eh?

Indeed it is, I'm happy for them. Josh sounds quite like Jamie, from what I hear.

But crazy how good that Marshall sounds, what model is that? JMP or JVM i think but I don't know.

Jims

Reaction score
Just got from music live, which happens to be where Sylosis played earlier today, for most the early bands the sound was awful but by the point of sylosis everything was getting alot clearer which I was happy about.
They were pritty amazing :)

Their currently playing live with who I assume is the new vocalist on guitar+vox (this was his first gig apparantly) then a 3 peice bass guitar drums, which I assume is the old band lineup.

They were amazing, I'd say they were only outplayed by one or two bands but this was mainly due to sound imo, (Which was clearly increased and improved for The Blackout headlining the stage sylosis played at)

Jim.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Just got from music live, which happens to be where Sylosis played earlier today, for most the early bands the sound was awful but by the point of sylosis everything was getting alot clearer which I was happy about.
They were pritty amazing :)

Their currently playing live with who I assume is the new vocalist on guitar+vox (this was his first gig apparantly) then a 3 peice bass guitar drums, which I assume is the old band lineup.

They were amazing, I'd say they were only outplayed by one or two bands but this was mainly due to sound imo, (Which was clearly increased and improved for The Blackout headlining the stage sylosis played at)

Jim.

I'm suprised he did guitar and vocals, pretty complex stuff they do.

Jims

Reaction score
I'm suprised he did guitar and vocals, pretty complex stuff they do.

I agree with you here, how he did it I do not know, the only thing is I feel his screams could be alot more controlled if he wasn't playing guitar at the sametime, but other than that it worked fine for him, I didn't notice anyproblems he was having, I just envy the fact he can do that :)

Edit: All I have to say is:

The fact they played on the main "rock /metal" stage ruined it for me alot, as you get alot of "GUYS LETS MAKE A PIT AND FLOOR EACH OVER LOLZ" on that stage since its a free festival in retard central, I think it would be much better if they played in one of the smaller inside stages (bar the fact they'd get less publicity) such as a local band I know did and the show was just much better soundwise (inside so...) and people actully watching it wise.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I agree with you here, how he did it I do not know, the only thing is I feel his screams could be alot more controlled if he wasn't playing guitar at the sametime, but other than that it worked fine for him, I didn't notice anyproblems he was having, I just envy the fact he can do that :)

Edit: All I have to say is:

The fact they played on the main "rock /metal" stage ruined it for me alot, as you get alot of "GUYS LETS MAKE A PIT AND FLOOR EACH OVER LOLZ" on that stage since its a free festival in retard central, I think it would be much better if they played in one of the smaller inside stages (bar the fact they'd get less publicity) such as a local band I know did and the show was just much better soundwise (inside so...) and people actully watching it wise.

Yeah some people just go for the moshing.

Jims

Reaction score
Yeah some people just go for the moshing.

Yeah that I can understand (and it was there in the smaller stage to) its just its sort of filled with retarded people who don't even like rock in general and just got there to lay into people and see that as the point of a pit :\

Misanthropy

Kebab Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone have any idea what type of vocal style jamie had? Id give my left nut to learn his scream style. sounds like some kinda power fry thing going on.

')