Symphony X Samples - New Album, Heavier

• Thread starter Sweetbabyjezuz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetbabyjezuz

Reaction score
katalog

Now don't worry these aren't "illegal" or anything as it's spv.

Anyway, here are some samples for the new album. I'm liking what i'm hearing, it's heavier than usual too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Holy shit. I've loved everything they've done but this just sounds a cut above.. if that's even possible. Russel Allens performance from those clips sounds immense, setting himself apart from the operatic power metal thing - he can nail every tone imaginable. Some epic orchestration also, can't frickin' wait.

kanamvar32

Reaction score
i heard the new cd and its pretty good all the way thru. great production and music. no particular song stands out for me which is kind of nice because i like listening to entire cds instead of just a few tracks. romeo's tone is very different. i dont know how or why but it does sound pretty good. does anyone know what amp he is using. listening to the cd made me think that a framus cobra would be perfect for the new symph x stuff and might sound better than what romeo was using. keyboards were great too.

Reaction score
i heard the new cd and its pretty good all the way thru. great production and music. no particular song stands out for me which is kind of nice because i like listening to entire cds instead of just a few tracks. romeo's tone is very different. i dont know how or why but it does sound pretty good. does anyone know what amp he is using. listening to the cd made me think that a framus cobra would be perfect for the new symph x stuff and might sound better than what romeo was using. keyboards were great too.

Yes the production does sound excellent. And yes finally his tone is somewhere near to what his playing deserves. Sounds like there's alot more low-end yet it's clearer, less gain. Mmmmmmmmm, can't wait for this to be released.

Kamin

Reaction score
I was pretty sure he was using a Line6 VettaII...he has an Engl as well...but I don't know which one.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
God damn I can't wait for this album. I think I'm looking forward to it even more than the new DT (I never thought I'd say that!) Those samples sound fantastic - dark, heavy, epic. Some of those riffs!!! even though they are only little snippets :hbang: I sincerely expect the boys to outdo themselves again with this one.

As usual some people on the petrucci forums already completely written off the album based on a series of 30 second samples :wallbash: Oh well, their loss!

I was pretty sure he was using a Line6 VettaII...he has an Engl as well...but I don't know which one.

As far as I know he uses Vetta II live but records with (mainly) mesas and Engls.

Sweetbabyjezuz

Reaction score

Well he did switch to Caparison guitars.

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
symphony x rules, but wtf? did they just grab the chorus from church of the machine and slap it onto set the world on fire?! not cool. but i will still buy it cause its awesome nonetheless.

')