Synthesizers

• Thread starter QuarkSoup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a synthesizer but I have no idea what's worth buying. I'm using it for a project that's in the same vein as Rush (La Villa Strangiato, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1), older Porcupine Tree, songs like The Sky Moves Sideways Phase 1 & 2. I don't really have a price range being that I have a good job and only 2 bills to pay at the moment but I don't want to spend an obscene amount of money. This project is just me and a friend who plays drums, so I don't intend on playing gigs or anything. Thanks.

By the way, I was a little unsure of where this should go. So if it's in the wrong place can a mod please move it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man. The Korg Trinity is a very powerful keyboard. It's quite old now, I think it came out around 95-96. Derek Sherinian still uses his in the studio because of its really powerful M-bank sounds - which shaped a lot of what Korg did since.
It's got a great sequencer on it, too. A ribbon for effects, and a neat bar instead of separate pitch and modulation wheels.
The biggest drawback is I guess its limited expansion - you can't load samples on to it or anything. But that doesn't sound like something you need to do.
The huge plus is it's now really cheap, and you can find them online with all sorts of extras, like external HD recorders.

Try to get the V3 if you can, it had more sounds.

QuarkSoup

Reaction score
Hey man. The Korg Trinity is a very powerful keyboard. It's quite old now, I think it came out around 95-96. Derek Sherinian still uses his in the studio because of its really powerful M-bank sounds - which shaped a lot of what Korg did since.
It's got a great sequencer on it, too. A ribbon for effects, and a neat bar instead of separate pitch and modulation wheels.
The biggest drawback is I guess its limited expansion - you can't load samples on to it or anything. But that doesn't sound like something you need to do.
The huge plus is it's now really cheap, and you can find them online with all sorts of extras, like external HD recorders.

Try to get the V3 if you can, it had more sounds.

Wow, thanks man. I'll definitely look into that. I've been shopping around for a while but I'm clueless in the world of synths. I'd like something that I can load samples onto but it's not really a necessity.

D

Desecrated

roland xp-30. it´s a bit of a wildcard but, it works really well,

or korg triton.

')