T.C. Electronics Nova Delay!!! :yum:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I went over to my friend's house for dinner last night and he got a new toy.... one of the newly-released (and hard as hell to buy right now) T.C. Electronics Nova Delay pedals! :yesway: If you need the delays that a G-Major puts out in pedal form, here's your shot. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the delay. You can dial everything in down to the millisecond and the tap-tempo function worked well too. :) The switch buttons are not the *click* kind but rather the ones you just kinda tap lightly which is nice, you don't have to stomp the crap out of them. :yesway:

I got to run it through his pedalboard into his Harry Joyce 50 head ($3K boutique hand-wired Hiwatt-style amp) and it sounded absolutely amazing. If I settle on a tube head later on and start using my pedalboard again I will definitely be grabbing one of these. $199 for one of the best delay pedals on the market? Yes please! :yum: My only complaint? You have a switch for on/off and a switch for tap tempo, but if you want to switch to one of the 9 user presets there is no dedicated footswitch for that, only a push button on the face of the pedal. :wallbash: THAT would have made it perfect for me, but if you don't use multiple delays in a song (or can get by using the tap-tempo feature) it's not a huge issue. I think you can go through the presets by holding down the on/off button, but that is a pain... :(

Introduction

Nova_Delay_front_red.jpg

ND-1 NOVA DELAY

Nova - Your tone is everything

With 6 different stereo delay types and the option to store up to 9 presets customizable by an array of style parameters ranging from vintage tape to digital delay this pedal easily serves all delay requirements of modern guitar players who wanna create unique sounds.

Built upon the legacy and knowledge of TC’s world-renowned TC 2290 Dynamic Digital Delay the ND-1 Nova Delay raises the bar for guitar effect pedals and redefines what it means to be "state-of-the-art". ND-1 Nova Delay offer uncompromised studio quality digital effects in a compact floor-based design.

The ND-1 Nova Delay pedal features 6 different delay types:
• Delay line
• Dynamic
• Reverse
• Ping-pong
• Pan
• Slap-back

Each of these types can be modified with a delay style – a unique feature of ND-1 Nova Delay that allows you to mix and match your delay type and style infinitely.

Both single delay and dual delay lines can be applied to any type and style using the tap tempo switch or delay time knob to determine the delay time that ranges from 1 to 2290 ms.

Three different types of modulation (light, medium and heavy) can be applied to any of the delay types – a feature originating from the legendary TC 2290 Dynamic Digital Delay processor.

The all-new Audio Tapping™ technology enables you to set the tempo of the delay by playing a rhythm into the pedal while holding down the tap tempo switch. You can now set the tempo of the delay using your most important asset: Your playing.

Other great ND-1 Nova Delay features include the ability to choose between ms (milliseconds) and bpm (beats per minute) readout, decide if you want spillover on individual settings and turn global tempo – where tap tempo determines delay time on user presets – on and off.

ND-1 Nova Delay Features:
• 6 studio quality digital delay types
• Two switchable settings:
» manual and preset
• 9 user programmable presets
• Up to 2290 ms delay time
• Audio Tapping™ – audio-generated tap tempo
• Modulated delay
• Delay spillover

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yessir, it sounds fantastic. My buddy is picky about tone and a big pedal guy, but this one has knocked all his other delay pedals off the board. This unit does NOT color your tone which is awesome! :yesway: Much easier if you don't want to program a G-Major and you only want the delays (like myself hehe). :)

Tore TC

Reaction score
It is actually possible to change from manual mode to one of the presets using the switches. Just press and hold the On/off footswitch for more than half a second - when you release the switch again, the pedal will toggle from manual mode to the current preset (and vice versa).

You can also change preset using the switches. Press the tap tempo switch once and immediately afterwards the On/off switch. This will show you the current preset. Keep tapping the On/off switch to toggle through the presets.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, someone from TC dropped in that quick? Amazing.

If I was using a delay pedal, it would be this one. Since I have a G-Major, however...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, someone from TC dropped in that quick? Amazing.

If I was using a delay pedal, it would be this one. Since I have a G-Major, however...

Hey Tore! Thanks for the help. I didn't get to sit down with the manual but I figured it was possible. Just a dedicated switch to make it easier would have been nice. :shrug: Still a kickass pedal nonetheless! As I said above, it's on my to-buy list, just hard to find one right now! :(

Mike, I've seen him drop in on another forum before (either TGP or the MTS forum?) and he was uber helpful. Again, I don't know if the POD X3 will be worth checking out or not but if I get a small tube amp I'm grabbing one of these. It sounded great through my friend's Harry Joyce without coloring already awesome clean tone. I found myself doing a lot of delay-filled lines right on the spot. I think if I get one of these I'll need something to record with so I don't forget any of them! :lol:

Tore TC

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Glad to be onboard! I'm actually a seven-string player myself, so it felt quite appropriate. :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Glad to be onboard! I'm actually a seven-string player myself, so it felt quite appropriate. :)

:welcome: Tore, how long do you guys estimate it will be before major chains start carrying the Nova Delay in stock? I've seen them listed by guitar stores on eBay in groups of 10-20 but they've been selling out within an hour and usually when I'm at work. :(

Tore TC

Reaction score
We're in the middle of producing a huge batch of pedals right now. They should be in the stores late September.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I am SO getting one of these as soon as I can find them for $199 again.... Tore is the actual retail price allowed to go as low as $199 or does T.C. set the price at $249 as the mandatory price? Like if I go to a Guitar Center or whatever and ask for it at $199 since they were selling for that on eBay from e-retailers, can they honor that price? :scratch:

1longhorn

Reaction score
We're in the middle of producing a huge batch of pedals right now. They should be in the stores late September.

Hey Tore, thanks for the info. Please be so kind as to give us SS.org members a heads up when and which stores will stock them so we can get the first crack at them. :hug:

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
wow. That sounds pretty sweet for $199. I definitely regret buying a delay pedal w/o tap tempo function... But the preset switching seems like too much of a process (that could easily be fucked up) to be worth dealing with.

The all-new Audio Tapping™ technology enables you to set the tempo of the delay by playing a rhythm into the pedal while holding down the tap tempo switch. You can now set the tempo of the delay using your most important asset: Your playing.

oh shit! that's sweet!
maybe that aint something new?? but i'm not super savvy in delay pedals and that sounds sweeet to me.

:( This forum has given me serious gear cravings.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I am definitely pickin up both Nova pedals as soon as they come available. They just sound way too cool, and might be just what I need to give my amp's tone a nice little kick in the pants (the cleans especially)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Does this thing have adjuustable input gain? I've pretty much decided the Line6 DL4 has to go, much as I love the looper, because if I run the FX mix full out and mix on the unit, it overdrives the input, and if I don't, I have phasing issues unless I keep it seriously low, meaning almost no delay. :shrug:

Looks cool, and that's a great price.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
I recently picked up one of these pedals. One word: Out-freakin'-standing!

I guess that was two words thrown together...

I love everything about this pedal. The quality of all 3 flavors of delay it offers are stunning, not to mention the different modulation types, double-tap delays, full stereo, and the ability to store your favorite settings. My only complaint? No MIDI in, like the Nova Drive has. Minor detail as I use a DCM audio switcher anyway.

If you run into a spare $200 USD and are looking for a delay, look no further. This thing rocks!

')