T.R.A.M. - Tosin Abasi side project

nojyeloot

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
i just read about them in the sxsw thread. i'm dying to hear some of this...

Reaction score
This sounds pretty awesome. I think Suicidal Tendencies is one of the worst bands ever, but he's certainly not a bad drummer, and Tosin and Javier are monster players.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
Sounds cool and interesting! Gonna check out the album when it pops out :yesway:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Yup

THURSDAY, MARCH 17

The Faceless, Meek is Murder, T.R.A.M. (featuring Tosin Abasi and Javier Reyes from Animals as Leaders, Adrian Terrazas from Mars Volta and Eric Moore from Suicidal Tendencies), Ultrageist, Death on Two Wheels, Beta Wolf at Venue 222 – 222 E. 6th St. (1:00pm – ???) [no set times provided as of 3/5]

MetalSucks » Blog Archive » SXSW ’11: THE METAL PARTIES

EDIT: Also, this:
The band’s moniker, in case you haven’t put it together, is an amalgamation of the last initial of each musicians’ name (For the cheap seats: Terrazas, Reyes, Abasi, Moore).
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/03/0...aders-the-mars-volta-and-suicidal-tendencies/

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool was wondering what happened to this... and looks like the album is called Lingua Franca and will be out in May :yesway:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Animals as Leaders + Mars Volta + Suicidal Tendencies?

Did someone just divide by zero?

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Wasn't familiar with Eric Moore, so I looked him up.

Srsly folks if 1:48 is any indication, my mind will soon be blown

nojyeloot

Reaction score
T.R.A.M..jpg

Steve08

Reaction score
Sweet Jews for Jesus :eek:

I love one Suicidal Tendencies album, haven't followed them for several years at this point, but judging from that one video, the guy is an utter fiend. Sick chops and I bet he's got killer pocket as well, they wouldn't have picked someone that couldn't hang on jazz.

Suffice to say I am utterly stoked for this.

Vicissitude27

Reaction score
I remember Tosin telling me about this, and I remember Anthony Green screaming at him us, "it will be the damnedest!" :lol:

And if Anthony Green says that. Well, I just can't put words out that explain my excitement.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
If ya'll haven't seen the Eric Moore vs Derek Roddy drum battle, I would invest my time into that right now. Really showcases what dude can do behind the kit. Adding Tosin to this is just a mindfuck!

Petal

Reaction score
Cool was wondering what happened to this... and looks like the album is called Lingua Franca and will be out in May :yesway:

If anyone doesnt know, Lingua Franca is "a language systematically used to make communication possible between people not sharing a mother tongue, in particular when it is a third language"

Sick fucking title, sick fucking musicians, cant wait!

Duelbart

Reaction score
Even if it's gonna be half as epic as it sounds it will still be twice as epic as anything, apart from AAL2, that I'm expecting this year.
:shred:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
What's this "Mars Volta Side Project" shit. It's got one guy from TMV. He's not even in the band anymore! And not to diss on him or anything, but he wasn't even part of what made them unique.

I think this project will definitely highlight his playing. To be fair, this is an AAL side project, anyways.

')