T.R.A.M. - Tosin Abasi side project

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
T.R.A.M. said themselves on their FB June 28th. So... there.
Still, are they doing ANY promotion?

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Quoted from Facebook:
"Their much anticipated debut album, Lingua Franca, is set for a Summer release through Sumerian Records."
I think it will be delayed till 2012.

Aurochs34

SDMF, mofos
Reaction score
Quoted from Facebook:
"Their much anticipated debut album, Lingua Franca, is set for a Summer release through Sumerian Records."
I think it will be delayed till 2012.

ugh, don't make me any more depressed. :noplease:

edit: this is too right on to dispute, as much as i hate the thought of it

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's been set at June 28th for quite a while. Looks like Amazon still has that as the release data as well. Hoping it wasn't pushed back again.

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
still no release date :(

Sumerian page says:
"It's extremely rare to come across a new band that just flips the script of conventionality throwing caution to the wind, but the debut effort from T.R.A.M. does just that while blazing a trail of creativity that will quickly turn heads across the world. This unit will be referred to by many as a “supergroup,” however the members of this dynamic unit aren't in this for any reason but to use it as a platform to further express their art without limitations or any preconceived notions.
T.R.A.M. is comprised of such renowned musically proficient artists as Adrian Terrazas (The Mars Volta) on saxophone, flute, bass clarinet and percussion, Javier Reyes (Animals As Leaders) on guitars, Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders) on guitars and Eric Moore (Suicidal Tendencies) on drums. This is a group of likeminded individuals that are naturally gifted and the collaboration of their unique talents results in something truly amazing. Their much anticipated debut album, Lingua Franca, is set for a Summer release through Sumerian Records.
Terrazas states: “Tosin Abasi and I were originally introduced by a mutual friend, Raanen Bozzio, last summer. This meeting also served as my first introduction to Animals As Leaders and Javier Reyes. Since then, Abasi, Reyes and I have developed a great relationship. We got together almost every day to try out ideas and after a month we had already formulated a majority of the record. At this point we contacted Eric Moore, an incredible drummer and the most joyful person to be around, and soon everything we had envisioned rhythmically came together on our fist meeting/recording session (at the Farias productions studios) on what is now T.R.A.M.
“I never know how people will respond to our music, I just never know! My goal is to try to instill a strong feeling or energy in people and I feel that collectively we achieved this goal tenfold with this new project. We all have a great enthusiasm and desire to perform this material live and see this band further develop. We look forward to hearing what you all think of it.”

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Not for the entire planet. It's a pretty ambiguous way of describing a release date anyway.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Seeing as this is a US band, on a US label, they probably go by summer in the Western hemisphere. I doubt they'd wait half a year to release it in the East.

etcetera

Reaction score
I think it's set to be released sometime when it's kind of warm and fairly sunny in the US.

Reaction score
I've really got my hopes up on the 28th. If they delay this like Necrophagist delays their newest album I will feel very, very, very sad. And I will write them an email telling them how sad I am.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As much as I hope it's the 28th, I'm not holding my breath given there was a facebook update on the 9th saying they were just wrapping up the last song (recording I assume). I highly doubt they managed to mix, master, and press the cd in 19 days... if I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to hear it :D

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^sadly, this.

on a related note, tosin just sold his lundgren m8s for a steal on facebook, and i missed out on it by what couldnt have been more than minutes. im gonna go drink now.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I hope it's the 28th, I'm not holding my breath given there was a facebook update on the 9th saying they were just wrapping up the last song (recording I assume). I highly doubt they managed to mix, master, and press the cd in 19 days... if I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to hear it :D

Javier has been making FB posts are mixing it. I'm starting to think may it could just see a digital release at first?

Sikthness

Reaction score
I do not have high hopes for the June release. It seems like we would have heard something, anything besides those couple live vids. My only lingering hope is that they intend for this to fly under the radar and take everyone by surprise. :idea:

')