T.R.A.M. - Tosin Abasi side project

travis bickle

Reaction score
i love hearing this complaint about this release being too dissonant. listen to penderecki, or bartok, now that's dissonant!!! haha.

with that said, i was mildy impressed with this release upon the first listen. but now that i've played it a million times, im in love. eric moore is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! i hope they tour.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
i love hearing this complaint about this release being too dissonant. listen to penderecki, or bartok, now that's dissonant!!! haha.

Or the majority of bebop-and-afterward jazz. So long as it's not "smooth jazz," which seems to want to surrender its courage for the safety of being non-offensive.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score

with that said, i was mildy impressed with this release upon the first listen. but now that i've played it a million times, im in love. eric moore is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! i hope they tour.

umm...I do, have, and have performed various pieces by those composers. Penderecki is famous for sound clusters EX. Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima. I enjoy dissonant music. It is more the timbre of the woodwinds and the color they add to those dissonant tones I have a hard time digesting. :yesway:

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I finally got my preorder but it was worth the wait! I got extra posters from merch connection for waiting so long and a hoodie instead of the t shirt for no extra charge :D

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^Fuck that! mine came in late too and I got a ripped poster and a shirt 2 sizes too small >=( some bullshit, this is!

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
^Fuck that! mine came in late too and I got a ripped poster and a shirt 2 sizes too small >=( some bullshit, this is!

Well I complained to the people at merchconnection and asked them what was going on. I was really polite which might have helped... ? I'm sure they get messages all the time about preorders and where they are and whatnot. Mine came late because the USPS in all of the intelligence within that agency decided to randomly hold my mail ¬__¬

Tell them about your problems. They will probably try to help if they can.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Mine came late too.

Listening to it right now, really really digging it so far!

Moore is an amazing drummer, blows me away, so much groove and feeling, he soooo black! :p
Of course all the other musicians are amazing too! :D

Reaction score
HAAS Kicker is easily my favorite track on the album.
I love the 7/8 groove in it

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I recognize some of these lines! I've seen Tosin play them in videos from NAMM and interviews.

IT sounds great! AAL is Jazz As Fuck, sure. But this is JAZZ!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I absolutely love this album, my only complaint is it needs to be longer :lol:

Hopefully this ends up being an ongoing project :yesway:

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
I think you all mean free form jazz. Especially with all the atonal elements in the sax solos.

brector

Reaction score
IT sounds great! AAL is Jazz As Fuck, sure. But this is JAZZ!

Shh, don't let celticelk hear this. J/K

BTW - celticelk, do you post on Gizmodo? I saw a post on there today with your avatar from here

Edit - and I am really enjoying this release, glad I preordered

-Brian

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember those parts too. I too like how they got incorporated into the music. This album is great. There is so much cool stuff going on, and it's all over the place in a very good way.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Funny: Now that I've fully absorbed Lingua Franca, AAL's Weightless (purchased prior to) is substantially more interesting to me.

I now love it (Weightless), but in a totally different way (mood) than the self titled album. I guess I just had to get used to the lack of Misha's influence in AAL's writing style - which is what immediately made me love the first album.

More simply put - Thanks to you...
3376667.jpg

...I now like you
aal-weightless-300x300.jpg

')