T.R.A.M. - Tosin Abasi side project

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I love this album. Everyone in it is an amazing musician and they play tastefully too. I think Adrian gets a little carried away at points, but he reigns himself in and all is well. Of course, that could just be because I don't listen to music with sax in it much. The only think I don't care for is the odd vocal part at the end of "Hollywood Swinging". I love that song but the end is lame IMO. I appreciate that they're trying to use a voice as more of an instrument and it harmonizes with the sax, but I just don't like it. Too bad it's so short :/

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Had a few listens to it so far... A bit hit and miss but I want to listen to it more. I think it was the 2nd song that I didn't like?

In saying that there are some incredible parts :)

celticelk

Reaction score
Shh, don't let celticelk hear this. J/K

BTW - celticelk, do you post on Gizmodo? I saw a post on there today with your avatar from here

Edit - and I am really enjoying this release, glad I preordered

-Brian

I'm aware that my opinion is in the minority. That doesn't mean I have to like it. =) And yes, I do also occasionally comment on Gizmodo. The tattoo icon is sort of distinctive.

brector

Reaction score
I'm aware that my opinion is in the minority. That doesn't mean I have to like it. =) And yes, I do also occasionally comment on Gizmodo. The tattoo icon is sort of distinctive.

:)

Haha, I bet it was you then, because I thought that tat was pretty original!

-Brian

GTailly

Intellect's Minion
Reaction score
First offical video is up:

Just saw this through Sumerian's FB yesterday.

Might just be me but I really liked it. Loving the multicolor contrasts they put in it and I felt like going through a kind of journey as the song got by.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Tosin has said many times in interviews/clinics he is jazz trained, and I can hear it in his riffs

-Brian

No he hasn't. He claimed he studied some jazz at the Atlanta Institute or whatever it was, which was a one year program that focuses on classical guitar, jazz, and probably other elements of contemporary music.

There are four year contemporary or studio performance degrees that would go far, far, far more in depth than what his degree covered.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I will say this, regardless of whatever genre definitions metalheads might try and provide, no actual jazz music listener would consider Animals as Leaders jazz. Some jazz influence? sure. But Sleep Terror isn't a jazz band either.

TRAM on the other hand, certainly jazz.

But seriously, who even gives a shit? Good music is good music, and Tosin always provides us with that :yesway:

Latest posts

')