T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything. Really? I'm the first?

Anyways, some stuff that has been interesting:

"Dig" : Strange indeed. Other than the one dude who chain smokes it's really cool imho. Very original so far :)

"12 Monkeys" : Pretty good, but I STILL have a hard time understanding how devastated people always have access to plenty of Marlboros :mad: Like BSG, WTF? But still....pretty good show, original, good characters.....not "great" but good.

"Helix" : WTF?????????????? :lol: I loved the first season, I LOVED it. This has been really strange. But, it has it's moments. Intriguing, entertaining, but really different from the first season. (SPOILER ALERT.....READ NO FURTHER) I'm bored though with the "everyone with almost no exceptions" is an "asshole" thing. Sorry, I don't like hopeless :mad:

What are you watching?

naw38

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the season just ended, but I've really been digging Broad City. Two chicks that get high all the time and go on adventures and have heaps of fun.

Fun show.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Allegiance
Archer
Brooklyn Nine-nine
Expedition Unknown
Ghost adventures
Helix
Legend of Superstition Mountain
The Mysteries of Laura
The Walking Dead
Miscellaneous documentaries. Too many to list.

Shows not in season.
American horror story
Bates Motel
Hannibal
The Last ship
The Strain
Z Nation < Poor man's Walking Dead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Broad City and Banshee are now both off the air for 42 weeks or whatever, but they were both great. Banshee is by far the best action show ever made and season 3 was by far the best season yet, there were several incredibly hyper-violent fight scenes and shootouts that were right up there with the best of anything I've ever seen in a movie. It's incredibly ridiculous and gory and full of nudity, but it's aware of what it is and generally avoids being offensive since it's trafficking so hard in stereotypes and cliches to begin with. It's great.

Better Call Saul, Last Man on Earth and Girls are the only three I'm currently watching, BCS is ok, LMOE seems good so far, Girls is increasingly tiresome every season but hey, I'm invested. :hbang: Can't wait for Hannibal to start up. I am only semi-excited about GOT, I thought last season was an absolute nose-dive in terms of quality and they're no longer working with good original material starting this season.

naw38

Reaction score
LMOE is pretty great. I was really disappointed about Kristen Schaal's character being such an uppity christian freak, and then I was happy about her opening up and becoming more likeable... somehow, after the end of the last episode, I don't see that working out so well.

wankerness

Reaction score
I didn't mind the uppity christian freak thing cause for the most part, her uppitiness is more appealing and justified than the main character's slobbiness. Like, her insistence he keep paying attention to stop signs, etc first struck me as hilarious, but then it sorta became poignant. She cares about upholding tradition and civilization, while the lead character's just a nihilistic slob. And despite this kind of "heavy" characterization and themes, it's still pretty damn funny! I really like Kristen Schaal, though, so maybe some viewers just find her annoying and think the main character is supposed to be awesome.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I started watching The Jinx last week, and, Spoilers much, real life?! :lol:

Still gonna finish it- very well done.

naw38

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Kristen Schaal. I just find her whole attitude in the show backwards and pointless - but then, I didn't think of it in the same way that you obviously did. Which is something I never do when watching anything, I can't think of things any deeper than what's directly in front of me right at that moment. Which is good, I almost never see surprise endings coming(Oldboy, for instance). But that makes sense, what you said.

But, as of last episode, I really can't stand the main dude. As soon as he lost the beard, everything he said and did I found immensely selfish and obnoxious. If he'd kept the beard, he'd still be "sarcastic but likeable dude in a shitty situation", but now he's just a wanker.

Hey, how the hell do you do spoiler tags? I'd have liked to put the beard thing in some, but I don't know how.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Hey, how the hell do you do spoiler tags? I'd have liked to put the beard thing in some, but I don't know how.

[xxxx] content of spoiler [/xxxx] (replace xxxx with "spoiler")

Just finished the new season of House of Cards. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as the prior seasons. (I'm going to go incredibly broad with the spoiler tagging)...

obviously, with Frank as president, it's not like he could go around having affairs, getting involved in backchannel meetings, and throwing people in front of trains. More political intrigue, I guess, and that was still enjoyable. Supposing that Netflix wants to keep this thing going, I presume that Frank is going to at least get the nomination over Heather Dunbar next season- hopefully he pulls some sort of Level 10 bastard sh*t to make that happen.

The plotline with Doug Stamper was kind of weird- fighting his way back to health, struggling with alcoholism and feelings of abandonment, and almost an approach to redemption. Then he turns the van around. It's awful, but I laughed at the jump-cut between the van approaching behind "Cassie" and the last shovelful of dirt going over her body. So much for that.

How things played out between Frank & Claire I didn't like. I found their relationship- a weird blend of strategic alliance, mutual respect, collaboration, and just a strange kind of love- to be one of the most compelling parts of the show. How it took nearly 30 years for Claire to realize that, while they always helped and supported each other, Frank was always going to be a couple notches up- it's almost out of character for her to decide to resent him for that.

naw38

Reaction score
Cheers buddy.

I got through the first sentence of that spoiler, and realised, that I should probably watch House of Cards. It sounds fun.

Been digging the latest season of Vikings - it's strange, it's a show that I really love, but don't devote all my attention to when viewing, so I miss a bit of the dialogue - but it was really cool hearing Ragnar saying they were going to Paris, on account of the fact that I know what's going to happen. Oh dear.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to "Orphan Black" but I'm a little worried that they'll overdo the overdoing and ruin it.

Also looking forward to the last season of "Lost Girl" which is in so many ways too campy and weird but is a guilty pleasure.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I think that instead of having actors and actresses and stories, they should just have everyone smoke constantly. They are almost there with most shows anyways.

Even "air disasters" has gone ciggy crazy. Instead of it being "authentic" for the time period, showing ashtrays in shows all the time is pretty lame. "Hey, make sure you get major shots of all those ashtrays full up. Make sure we get even bigger checks from PM/etc"

:rolleyes:

soliloquy

Reaction score
the good wife. 6 seasons in so far, still loving the show, still thinking the name is lame and does no justice to the show

michblanch

Reaction score
Goldbergs - before they went the way of Cosby and decided every episode should end on a feel good moment.

House of Cards - one of the best shows in years. The BBC version from the 90's not so much.

Workaholics - They still understand that staying true to your humor style and have not watered it down.

Sunny in Phili- Frank is the highlight of every episode. The others are just bit players who aren't as funny as they used to be.

TV pretty much is nothing but:

CSI New Orleans
CSI SUV
CSI HIV
CSI STP
CSI AMC
CSI 123
CSI....".................ENOUGH already!!!! :mad:

fogcutter

Reaction score
I just discovered "Danger 5" on Netflix and thought it was hilarious. I only made it through the first season and it's intentionally repetitive ... but I guess I just thought it was funny. Australian people are amazing.

wankerness

Reaction score
I just discovered "Danger 5" on Netflix and thought it was hilarious. I only made it through the first season and it's intentionally repetitive ... but I guess I just thought it was funny. Australian people are amazing.

From what I've heard the first season is great and the second season is less so. I need to watch it.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Coming April 10th.........heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's back!

giorgiotsoukalos.jpg

The shows are 98% garbage, I'll watch every minute :D