T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
Season 4 I thought was really good too, but John Lithgow is one of my favorites.

After that it was pretty meh.

That is the only season I remember. I think his character was great and that he actually took the show to another level. After that nothing had the tension and they abused the Dexter almost gets caught structure, making awful cliffhangers and taking the whole relationship network to ridiculous extremes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
Seriously, someone go watch and like The 100 as much as I do so I can finally vent to somebody on the internet about it! :lol: Season 3 finale was amazingly good. I wish I didn't have to wait till at least January for the new season to come out.

I think this show is a sleeper for a lot of people. I only got hooked midway through season two. Until then I thought it was a fun take on a teen drama type of thing. But somehow it has grow into a fair scifi show with all the politics and unexpected events. I look froward to continuing with it as well. It was a lot of fun actually.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my one gripe with the show, really. It's hard to get into, simply because the first few episodes are, honestly speaking, trash, and they take a few episodes to dismantle and provide closure to some of the cheesy situations they set up at the beginning of the season. Season 2, however, is on a whole different level, and it might be some of the most engaging TV I've ever seen. Season 3 is just a little less good than season 2, but I think its finale makes up for the inconsistency in writing throughout the season. I think it's worth the effort to push through the first half of the first season, but I get it when people tell me they dropped it just a few episodes in. I nearly dropped it myself, but I had nothing else to watch, and I need to watch something, anything, while I eat dinner. :lol:

flint757

Reaction score
Started Slasher and it's actually pretty well done. Only on episode one so far so lets see if it continues to do so.

wankerness

Reaction score
Started watching the OG UK Office on Netflix again. Anyone that says the Steve Carell Office is funnier is a daft ..... It went on for too many seasons to the point that it was filling out it's runtime with internet meme bull.....

Seasons 2 and 3 of the American Office are funnier than the UK one, straight up. The UK one is much better as a whole, though. I like to pretend the US office ended after season 3. The last episode of that works beautifully as a happy ending to the entire series and the sporadic funniness of the rest of the series never came anywhere close to seasons 2/3 again. The gulf in quality between season 3 and the first episode of season 4 is sort of like comparing Superman 1 to Superman IV.

The UK one is obviously very good, but it's sort of a different kind of humor. Gareth is very different from Dwight and I think they're equally great.

awake69

Reaction score
As it's Memorial Day weekend, we'll likely have our annual binge watching of Band Of Brothers. The greatest series ever produced for TV IMO.

Reaction score
As it's Memorial Day weekend, we'll likely have our annual binge watching of Band Of Brothers. The greatest series ever produced for TV IMO.

I wore out one of the discs in the set I bought a few years ago. Always told myself I'd buy it again on blu-ray but just never did so I might actually run to Best Buy and pick it up this weekend.

vividox

Reaction score
I had an awesome history teacher in high school who made us watch the first two episodes of that in class. I've always meant to go back and finish the series, but just never got around to it. Sounds like something I really need to add to my list. :agreed:

awake69

Reaction score
I wore out one of the discs in the set I bought a few years ago. Always told myself I'd buy it again on blu-ray but just never did so I might actually run to Best Buy and pick it up this weekend.
The Blu Ray set is great because it features the real vets in a "picture in picture" narrative during certain campaigns. LOVE my blu ray set.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished Walking Dead... Just started Fear of the Walking Dead.

wankerness

Reaction score

Coincidentally it just went on sale for 15 bucks on Amazon.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Know I'm slow with this but hey, can't stand commercials and hate waiting for new episodes.

Watched Dexter. Seasons 1-3 were great, 4 was badass because Lithgow, 5 was good because Julia and subject matter and I really wanted those guys dead, first half of 6 was Mos Def and dug that but 2nd half blew, 7 just sucked hard, most of 8 was lame and the ending just SUUUUUUUCKED.

7/10 for the series.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
So... Top-Gear... Some douche and Matt LeBlanc doing things and a cameo from Sabine Schmitz.

SD83

Reaction score
So... Top-Gear... Some douche and Matt LeBlanc doing things and a cameo from Sabine Schmitz.

Who still has an absolutly horrible german accent. Not knowing both from any other show, Evans was annoyingly hectic at first (especially in the intro) but I got a bit used to it rather fast and LeBlanc comes across as a bit of a discount Domenic Torreto... Oh, and the obviously scripted challenges are still not that entertaining. I miss the random insults towards basically everything, but to be honest I rather liked it. The rally cross is an interesting idea.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Who still has an absolutly horrible german accent. Not knowing both from any other show,

mmmmm Matt LeBlanc.... mmmm Friends??? you know? :lol:

also Matt LeBlanc if Im not wrong had the fastest lap time in the guest times on the previous TG shows

but agree with you Evans was bit of annoying most of the time, but mostly because Im used to the old Top Gear. But I did feel he was trying to hard.

The challenges have always been scripted. But this time it felt more scripted than normal

The main thing of the show, the photography and cinematography is still there so I think it would work nicely.

I also though there was going to be more host? only two?, part of the fun before was seeing challenges and specials with 3 people. Now every challenge would be a vs one with mostly England vs America stupid thing. Part of the charming of the old show was o see the guys insulting at each others, and th 3 different personalities clashing. But well I think it can work, just need bit of time

the rally car lap time I think its a great idea, love it.

SD83

Reaction score
mmmmm Matt LeBlanc.... mmmm Friends??? you know? :lol:

I know, never seen it though. Never heard Evans on the radio either. Lets say "show/series/movie/whatever else" then :lol: The only time I've seen them before, I think, was actually on Top Gear.
I'm really curious how new Top Gear & The Grand Tour will compare, especially given that the later will not start before autumn.

A-Branger

Reaction score
common everyone has at any given point seen a Friends episode. Its like saying "I havent watch Seinfield" lol

looking forward for the Grand Tour. They got the guys, but would they have the production value and cinematography of Top Gear? would be cool to see what they can pull off with more freedom and without having to stick to the TG formula to make the show

')