T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
no, they're expanding their streaming services to include ALL marvel content, which would include the more adult stuff like punisher.

True, but, they're going to include everything that they find acceptable for including on their streaming service, and not fund anything they don't think fits with it. And this is Marvel content going forward, not pre-existing Netflix shows, which will stay where they are. Just theoretical newer seasons of them would be on Disney.

wankerness

Reaction score
They likely won't pick up a show at season 3 and 4.

Not only that, but I can guarantee they're not going to produce anything with the tone or content of Punisher or Jessica Jones. I am glad that PG-13 Deadpool remix bombed, it hopefully means they might think twice about making Deadpool 3 PG-13. Probably won't stop them, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
Not only that, but I can guarantee they're not going to produce anything with the tone or content of Punisher or Jessica Jones. I am glad that PG-13 Deadpool remix bombed, it hopefully means they might think twice about making Deadpool 3 PG-13. Probably won't stop them, though.
If disney was smart they'd support the r-rated crowd, especially given the huge success of shows like punisher/daredevil and movies like Logan/Deadpool 1&2. The market clearly wants it, plus some characters like punisher, wolverine and deadpool are at their best when the writers/directors don't have to pull punches in terms of violence,etc.

wankerness

Reaction score
If disney was smart they'd support the r-rated crowd, especially given the huge success of shows like punisher/daredevil and movies like Logan/Deadpool 1&2. The market clearly wants it, plus some characters like punisher, wolverine and deadpool are at their best when the writers/directors don't have to pull punches in terms of violence,etc.

Unfortunately I don't think they care when the movies that have made the most money are still those in their house style, especially when they're a unique monolith in that everything is very carefully curated across multiple forms of media. The fanboys that were so happy about "omg now the x-men will be in the MCU" are being very myopic, it just means we'll get fewer movies with less of a style division. Logan and Deadpool would not have happened if this merger had happened a few years ago.

I will be very surprised if they change everything about what they've been doing the last...several decades to start producing R rated content, especially if it's all going to go on one unified streaming service. I know Netflix has little kid shows and unrated splatter movies on it, but Disney has made clear they're not going to follow suit.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think they care when the movies that have made the most money are still those in their house style, especially when they're a unique monolith in that everything is very carefully curated across multiple forms of media. The fanboys that were so happy about "omg now the x-men will be in the MCU" are being very myopic, it just means we'll get fewer movies with less of a style division. Logan and Deadpool would not have happened if this merger had happened a few years ago.

I will be very surprised if they change everything about what they've been doing the last...several decades to start producing R rated content, especially if it's all going to go on one unified streaming service. I know Netflix has little kid shows and unrated splatter movies on it, but Disney has made clear they're not going to follow suit.
I mean tangentially speaking disney has owned miramax for how many years? miramax has made a bunch of r rated offerings over the years, so if it's a branding issue they could always shove the r rated content that way and keep them in separate universes. I think it would work well, just like how marvel has always divorced its marvel knights and more extreme content from the main comic universe. Granted this is just my wishful thinking since I'll be very disheartened to see neutered punisher/deadpool content in the future.

mongey

Reaction score
finally finished 2nd season of big mouth . I was a doubter that they could pull off ,pun? , a 2nd season but it was good. as good as the first

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

Disney made Scream.

wankerness

Reaction score
Disney made Scream.

They released it, yes. Disney ditched the studio that made pulp fiction/scream almost 10 years ago. When was the last time they released an R rated movie?

I hope they do again, I just think we’re SOL right now.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well, I just finished The Punisher, and it seems very "wrapped all up" so yeah. It's definitely getting shit canned.

Ten thousand up front, ten thousand when I'm through
And I know just what to do
And you know I'll do it too
Then I'm coming back for you, back for you

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
:( jon bernthal does such a great job as frank castle, i don't even know who they'd get to replace him for the disney version. i guess if push came to shove i'd ask for ray stevenson to come back, he was an excellent punisher in war zone , I wouldn't mind seeing him back as frank.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yes, I hope Disney's shitty streaming service brings us a PG-13 Punisher. Maybe Frank can turn Billy into Jigsaw by playing patty cake.

wankerness

Reaction score
Marvelous Mrs Maisel was fun, but I nearly involuntarily yelled OH FUCK OFF at the screen at the end of season 2 when she did EXACTLY a Lorelai Gilmore. Do women just all love stories about women being split between two hotties and playing them both? Must be a biology thing.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
I just finished the Netflix series "Altered Carbon". It was pretty good 10 episodes ~1hr a piece definitely worth the watch. Although I don't think they set themselves up to continue the story. Lots of blood and people getting the shit kicked out of them (especially the main character) so solid 7/10!

wankerness

Reaction score
Random TV observation: I think South Park’s greatest contribution to the cultural lexicon may be the gag with the underpants gnome’s outline of their plans, with what they do as step 1, ????? as step 2, and Profit! as step 3. I see this used all the time to question or describe stupid plans. I don’t think most people even know where it came from. Any competitors from this show?