Taking a break ....

• Thread starter jski7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jski7

Reaction score
Not willingly though :noplease: . The wife and I decided to separate last weekend :rolleyes: , so essentially I'll be around here a little less than normal . Currently I'm hiding out at my parent's place with two bags of clothes and one seven , and no PC . Soooo , I'll try to pop in as much as possible (atleast until I get my computer moved , then I'll be back in full force to save my sanity) . You guys hold it down for me , and take care :wavey: .

Jeremy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck with that man. Maybe it will only be temporary. Remember, it only hurts 'til the pain goes away.

jski7

Reaction score
Thanks homies . I think it'll be alright in the end - either way . We kinda need time apart to find what's lost , and re-connect with ourselves . Needles to say , the guitar has become my therapist ;) .

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, been there before. Take it slow and easy. Re-connections are hard and do not need to be rushed. Best of luck to ya, man.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Best therapist there is, bro. If there's anything I can do, let me know. Hang in there

-D

jski7

Reaction score
Drew said:
Best therapist there is, bro. If there's anything I can do, let me know. Hang in there

-D

I've written about 6 songs in the last two and a half days ?! The interesting thing is , none of 'em are about relationships . Mostly about the world as it is , and some self analysis . I haven't written this much in years . Kinda strange . We're on good terms , thankfully , I (we) just think that being married so young , we may have missed out on something along the way . That's sort of what this is about - a self prescribed hiatus to seek out what's been lost (or missed) . Life's to damn short to sit and ponder the "what ifs" , you know ?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Well...best of luck there, man. If you wanna talk, or theres something i can do, gimme a call, you got my #.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your relationship....keep your chin up and hang in there, man and hopefully things will get better for you. :)

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
It sure ain't easy. Take care and keep jammin'. Hope everything turns out perfectly with time.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Best of luck to ya dude. Hope things turn out for the best, one way or another.

Josh

Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck! Don't be afraid of a break, sometimes it does more good than harm. :)

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck man, we're all hoping for the best outcome for you.

And at the rate you're going, you may at least be able to put together an album out of the deal ;)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like the right sort of break.

Think you can get a week off work? Maybe road-trip cross country or something, you and a guitar, as sort of a soul-searching thing... Hell, if I had a car and no obligations, I'd do it... :agreed:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that dude, I can totally relate. Things are never easy in marriage, and a break sometimes can be the right solution to bring you back closer together.

If you need to talk, I can fire up my MSN. Perhaps there's something I can help you with, that I've been through myself.

Let me know.

jski7

Reaction score
Drew said:
Yeah, it sounds like the right sort of break.

Think you can get a week off work? Maybe road-trip cross country or something, you and a guitar, as sort of a soul-searching thing... Hell, if I had a car and no obligations, I'd do it... :agreed:

I'm leaving for New Orleans on Friday to visit some friends and generally just blow off steam . I figure a week in the French Quarter will help ;) . I haven't been able to really "cut-loose" in awhile .

Thanks to everyone for the support - those of you that I know personally (HB'r) , and those of you I've yet to meet in person . Every little bit helps . In addition to that , you all are exemplifying why this site is the best out there . 95% of us could pass one another in a parking lot and not know it , but in the end , we all still give a damn about each other like family . That's pretty rare nowadays . :yesway:

Jeremy

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jski7 said:
I'm leaving for New Orleans on Friday to visit some friends and generally just blow off steam . I figure a week in the French Quarter will help ;) . I haven't been able to really "cut-loose" in awhile.

Oooooooooooooh yes, that'll do it. :lol:

Best of luck, dude! :)

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
jski7 said:
I'm leaving for New Orleans on Friday to visit some friends and generally just blow off steam . I figure a week in the French Quarter will help ;) .Jeremy
I went to New Orleans around this time 7 years ago and had a blast. The French Quarter and Bourbon st. is awesome. Enjoy your visit there. :)

Latest posts

')