Talk about a challenge......

• Thread starter Eli14
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eli14

I can haz title?
Reaction score
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - MESHUGGAH 'Bleed' Video Drumming Competition

Nuclear Blast USA and MESHUGGAH have teamed up to present a video competition to MESHUGGAH fans worldwide.

"Bleed" is one of the most intricate tracks on the recently released, critically acclaimed MESHUGGAH album, "obZen".

You think you can compete with the drumming intensity of MESHUGGAH's Tomas Haake? Well, prove it!

Record your best replication of the track "Bleed" on video and upload it on your MySpace "Videos" section or YouTube.

There are no restrictions on what you can use for this competition. However, you CANNOT use the actual song in the video; if you need the song, you’re allowed to put earphones on to assist you.

When uploading, you must name the video "MESHUGGAH 'Bleed' Drumming Competition". Once you have uploaded the video, send Nuclear Blast USA a link to the following e-mail address: mail[at]nuclearblastusa.com. E-mail subject: "Meshuggah 'Bleed' Video Drumming Competition". Also include the following information:

* Full Name
* Address
* City, State, ZIP Code, Country
* Phone Number

The grand prize winner will receive an exclusive telephone call with Tomas Haake of MESHUGGAH, a copy of the new album signed by the whole band, and an autographed huge MESHUGGAH "obZen" poster (31" x 24"). 10 runner-up winners will receive an autographed copy (signed by the whole band!) of the huge MESHUGGAH "obZen" poster (31" x 24").

All winners will be chosen by Tomas Haake and announced on MESHUGGAH's competition blog on Sunday, April 6.

I'm eager to see the entrants. I mean, to even attempt this.......is amazing.

Good luck to those guys...... :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
Thats a pretty cool challenge and all, but those are some sucky prizes. They could at least throw in some cymbols or something?

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
in fairness, Haake should also post unedited footage of him tracking the song... w/ no sound-replacement on any of the strokes. just the natural acoustic sounds.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
lol yeah i just read that.

i'd like a counter competition to see a youtube vid of haake playing I :lol:

i know about how they wrote it and everything, but i'd still like to see him do it / give it his best shot.

D

Desecrated

They should at least throw in some haake signature sticks in the deal,

Demeyes

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what people can come up with for it. The prizes are a bit lacking though. I can't see too many people going out of the way for a phone call and a poster

Jagw

Reaction score
why is he getting that liquid all over his floor? what a dick :p

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
Thats so awesome! Me and my buddy were actually talking with Thomas and Marten after the show for the recent tour in Seattle and all they were talking about was how damn difficult the new songs were to play...even though it doesn't sound like its difficult for them...at all...

')