Taser'd

• Thread starter soundgardener75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
There was at least a full second between the time the bailiff told him to step back
I'll give you that, I timed it with a stopwatch and it was a full second. My previous estimate was based on the "one Mississippi...two Mississippi..." system. :D
These "Free Men of the Land" idiots claim to be ruled only by common law, but they sure don't know how to practice common sense.
For sure. I don't understand how these people can reconcile these beliefs with the fact that they live in houses built to codes, probably obey traffic laws, and pay sales tax.

In general, I don't take issue with this guy getting tazed. Evidently it wasn't too bad because he was back spouting nonsense in a few seconds. I take issue with the use of tasers too freely by police in general. I think there's a dangerous conflation between non-lethal deterrents and less-lethal deterrents, and people that carry tasers need to always realize that its use has the potential of killing someone. With that in mind, I'm not convinced that there were absolutely no other options for the officers to deal with this tinfoil hat wearing gentleman, but he was certainly not helping the officers come to a different conclusion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll give you that, I timed it with a stopwatch and it was a full second. My previous estimate was based on the "one Mississippi...two Mississippi..." system. :D

Heh, I'd love to see that argued in court! :lol:

"But your honor, my client was clearly not afforded the proper time to comply, having only been able to say "One Mississ" in his head before the bailiff tased him. To cite precedent, in the case of The State of California vs. John Doe, also a Freeman of the Land who refused to provide his name to the Court, Mr. Doe was afforded a full TWO MISSISSIPPIS to comply before being hit with the pepper spray by the officer who was arresting him on the charge of defecating in a public fountain!"

*Shocked gasps from the audience. Someone faints.*

"ORDER!! ORDER IN THE COURT!!"

:lol:

For sure. I don't understand how these people can reconcile these beliefs with the fact that they live in houses built to codes, probably obey traffic laws, and pay sales tax.

In general, I don't take issue with this guy getting tazed. Evidently it wasn't too bad because he was back spouting nonsense in a few seconds. I take issue with the use of tasers too freely by police in general. I think there's a dangerous conflation between non-lethal deterrents and less-lethal deterrents, and people that carry tasers need to always realize that its use has the potential of killing someone. With that in mind, I'm not convinced that there were absolutely no other options for the officers to deal with this tinfoil hat wearing gentleman, but he was certainly not helping the officers come to a different conclusion.

Who knows. Maybe the bailiff was depressed and suicidal, and maybe getting the opportunity to tase someone who so richly deserved it gave him the boost he needed to decide life was still worth living. ;)

flint757

Reaction score
He probably thought he'd garner support/sympathy which makes him an even bigger dumb ass in my book.

26940765.jpg

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
It's just kind of worrying that people in positions of authority are so eager to taser people.
Imagine if the zapped was in the right and he was being treated unfairly, and at the first sign of physical contact he/she gets tasered. That would be massively controversial.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
^But he weren't in the right. That's like saying to someone who've just shot a deer: "Well, that's very nice... But what if it was a person you'd shot? Not so nice now eh?"

flint757

Reaction score
More than that he was attempting to trespass several times and violating the rules of that courthouse countless times.

The only argument in his favor I can give is they should have just thrown him out to begin with.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
More than that he was attempting to trespass several times and violating the rules of that courthouse countless times.

The only argument in his favor I can give is they should have just thrown him out to begin with.
Precisely.

He DELIBERATELY DISOBEYED orders from folks that were appointed authorities in that area multiple times in less than 5 min. Further, he tried to push past one of them and enter an area he was told he COULD NOT ENTER.

If he considers the officer not letting him pass to be "battery" then how is trying to push past him not viewed the same? That in mind, what typically happens when you assault/batter a man carrying a weapon? Particularly one endowed with the authority of the state to use it? And he began the video by stating he felt the law didn't apply to him... I'm surprised they didn't zap his dumbass sooner.

Zoosadist

Reaction score
F that S. Getting pepper sprayed/maced is worse. You don't get to beg for mercy because either you're throwing up or you can't breathe. But every idiot like this needs a lesson in "STFU you insignificant overconfident obnoxious asshole."

')