TC Electronics G-Major

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
I currently use no effects, but I'm looking for a rackmount multi-effects unit, around the price of the G-Major (so if you suggest the G-Force, :fawk:). Is it a good unit - worth the money, etc? If not, other suggestions are welcome.

Here's what I like for effects (Does the G Major have good versions of these?):

For cleans, I love a good, jangly chorus.

As for distorted tone, I dig reverb, and delay on occasion. The same chorus as the cleans when I'm busting out 80's cock rock :lol:

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like the G-Major is just right for you. i've had mine for a couple years now, and it sounds pretty flawless. the effects are fantastic, the noise gate is awesome, and it has a tuner :metal:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like the G-Major is a good fit for you. The effects you're looking for play to its strengths. :yesway:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like the G-Major is a good fit for you. The effects you're looking for play to its strengths. :yesway:

What are the G-Majors weaknesses then, if it has any? :D I am looking to pickup some effects but all I really like is delay and reverb, so I am split between going for a G Major or just Nova reverb & delay pedals to get the extra features they have over the rack unit.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
personally, i think that delaying your signal, then distorting it in a preamp sounds kinda whack. but delaying your already distorted signal sounds much better. so, for me, i like having my delay/reverbs in the FX loop, after the pre-amp.

plus, it's easier to replace a $90 floor midi controller than two expensive pedals, should someone spill a beverage on them.

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
What type of MIDI controller would be good for the G Major? The G Minor is probably cheap..... but it does not seem to have much control with only what, two buttons?

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I use a Behringer FCB1010 with my G Major, works out fine for me :)

Its been pretty durable for gigging too, so no worries there.

bulb

Reaction score
What are the G-Majors weaknesses then, if it has any? :D I am looking to pickup some effects but all I really like is delay and reverb, so I am split between going for a G Major or just Nova reverb & delay pedals to get the extra features they have over the rack unit.

the only weaknesses it has in my opinion is the lack of reverse delay, and thats just me cuz i like using it in my songs, but for the price its pretty much impossible to beat the quality of effects you will get out of a gmajor

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

G-Major strengths:

Delay
Chorus
Reverb
Noise gate
Preset Boost
Relays for amp channel switching
Whammy
Panner
Tremolo
Midi Control

G-Major middle of the road:

Flanger
Vibrato
Compressor
Resonance Filter
Routing

G-Major weaknesses:

Phaser
EQ
Pitch Shift
Pitch Detune

The effects that are good are really good, especially the chorus and delay. The phaser is fake (to be fair, I have yet to hear a digital one that sounds like a pedal), the EQ is just about as useless as every other multiprocessor EQ out there, and the pitch shifting is great for effects, and that's about it - it's way too "skronky" otherwise.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot about a noise gate. Well, cool, mine should arrive next week :)

Used666

Reaction score
G-Major strengths:

Delay
Chorus
Reverb
Noise gate
Preset Boost
Relays for amp channel switching
Whammy
Panner
Tremolo
Midi Control

G-Major middle of the road:

Flanger
Vibrato
Compressor
Resonance Filter
Routing

G-Major weaknesses:

Phaser
EQ
Pitch Shift
Pitch Detune

The effects that are good are really good, especially the chorus and delay. The phaser is fake (to be fair, I have yet to hear a digital one that sounds like a pedal), the EQ is just about as useless as every other multiprocessor EQ out there, and the pitch shifting is great for effects, and that's about it - it's way too "skronky" otherwise.

Completely agree :hbang:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
how does the noise gate on the gmajor compare to a ns2?

Latest posts

')