Technical Death Metal (SSD, Basis, X30)

• Thread starter raybrochill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

raybrochill

Reaction score
I actually got a little time to work on some of my material! Too bad the only guitar I had around was a razorback with a dimebucker in the bridge. =\ Anyway, it was nice to actually track some of my own stuff, for once! I haven't really worked on the mix too much, but I would love anyone's opinion!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3799855/01 Discarnate.mp3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
This track is fucking balls man. Well done.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
sweet riffage, but the guitars sound weird when your playing fast riffs...almost fake?

but other than that its nice :)

raybrochill

Reaction score
yeah, I agree with the fakeness sounding riffage. I really think it's a combo of the twangy pickup, heavy picking hand, the fact that a lot of the riffing is on the a and d string, and the nature of the riffing. The dimebucker can suck it.

munky27

steabag27
Reaction score
(sic) stuff man keep it coming. Loved the guitar tone and the drums were killer.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
yeah, I agree with the fakeness sounding riffage. I really think it's a combo of the twangy pickup, heavy picking hand, the fact that a lot of the riffing is on the a and d string, and the nature of the riffing. The dimebucker can suck it.

haha yeah that might be the problem (dimebucker), but other than that its sweet :yesway:

Alexdeliverance

Reaction score
i like that twanging guitar, and i really like your drums. which multi kit or samples did you use in ssd, and what have you done to the cymbals they sound awesome!

mickytee

Reaction score
the drums sound awesome, how did you do them?
what did you do to them? or are they just standard settings?

raybrochill

Reaction score
The drums were easyyyy.. Toms were maple toms with some dips in the low mids, Kick 10 hped at 60 hz and huge dips at 200 and 600, and the snare was 11a+blacksnare with a boost at 200, comp, gclip, and verb. At the moment I only remember that the crashes were the paiste ones.. I highpassed at like 800 and pulled down 2k a bit.

Alexdeliverance

Reaction score
thank you but im having such a hard time with ssd haha, routing and stuff, kontakt just isnt as user friendly than superior drummer ahha, i just wanna route mono( kick toms snare hihat )and stereo (overheads and room) in cubase and i cant seem to get it to work ahah, i need a tutorial so bad,

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
thank you but im having such a hard time with ssd haha, routing and stuff, kontakt just isnt as user friendly than superior drummer ahha, i just wanna route mono( kick toms snare hihat )and stereo (overheads and room) in cubase and i cant seem to get it to work ahah, i need a tutorial so bad,

Get Trigger. :yesway: Multi out S.20, throw trigger on kick and snare channels, rock the fuck out.

Sounds pretty killer man, going to have to try out that snare combo. You still living in Centerville?

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds pretty kickass to me, reminds me of Through The Eyes Of The Dead a lot and that isn't a bad thing at all.

')