Technique analyze

• Thread starter FirasKordi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
hey guys.....ive been playing for 1 year and 3 months , but am self taught 100% so i want someone to criticize my technique if its well and good to go on , can anyone tell me a song or a lick to play and record and post it here to analyze my technique plz (not 80s metal plz cuz idk anytihng about them xD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

redstone

Reaction score
Sure !

--------2---1---4-----------1--------------2-------------------4-
--4-------4---3-----------3-----4------------------4---------3---
----2-3-----------3-----1-----3---3---2-----4-3-2---------------
1--------------------2-3-------------4---1-------------4-3-------
-------------------------------------------------------2-----1-----
--------------------------------------------------------------------

:fawk:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^This...

We can't judge you by our own standards, per se. Look at Dethklok. All that talent and when they tried to play blues everything went to shit. :lol:

FirasKordi

Reaction score
hey guys...sry alot for being late , was really busy these days.....
here's the video ^_^

phugoid

Reaction score
I'd say that's a lot of progress for 15 months. Your technique is good enough to start focusing on other areas; a bit of music theory, writing your own riffs, improvisation, transcribing songs, etc.

If you answer back that you're as strong in those other areas as you are in technique (after just 15 months), first I'll have a nervous breakdown, and second I'll have an NKD pizza delivered to your door tonight, on me. :lol:

Spooky_tom

Reaction score
Nice technique but I got a few observations you can think about. When you change strings you tend to pivot from the wrist. That movement will change the angel of the pick from string to string and for your brain that will be 6 different moves. Try to move from the elbow instead. Not pick from the elbow but change strings from the elbow if that makes any sense. Especially when sweeping. That way it is the same motorskill from string to string.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
phugoid thanks alot ...Actually recently i started focusing on Theory , because in this year i kinda focused more on technique than on Imrpov and theory..lol so dont worry , am still terrible at those areas.

Spooky_tom , thanks alot for your reply , and yeah dude your completely right...ive really noticed that i move my wrist across all 6 strings ,,working on moving the elbow btween strings now , thanks ^_^

')