Telecaster 7s?!

• Thread starter DangerousTacos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousTacos

dt.com Irregular :P
Reaction score
tele7cs.jpg

The above image is hosted on the Seymour Duncan site.

DSCF1168bb.JPG

And this is just a random picture I got with some research.

Are there any companies that offer decent Telecaster 7s?

Did a site search, but didn't get many results. Sorry if this has already been posted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The blue quilt guitar was a one-off done by a guy on Jemsite, and SD will custom wind anything for you from their custom shop, but it isn't cheap.

I'm not aware of a single production seven, though if memory serves Stephen Carpenter just had a pair of custom Teles made for him, with EMG's.

DangerousTacos

dt.com Irregular :P
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a single production seven, though if memory serves Stephen Carpenter just had a pair of custom Teles made for him, with EMG's.

Yeah, I saw the ESP Custom. Its pretty cool, but will be nowhere near my price range.

I was hoping for more of a Fender Style Telecaster, but I'm probably SOL on finding one. There was a custom one on ebay a few months ago, that was made by a professional archtop luthier. I liked it, but didn't have the cash money. I think it had single coil EMGs.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You could probably get a Warmoth one.

And I think I heard somewhere that Stephen Carpenter has a 7 string tele.

:lol:

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping for more of a Fender Style Telecaster, but I'm probably SOL on finding one.
yep, pretty much. :) unless you went 100% custom.

i want one too, a real Tele 7 not just a tele-shaped superstrat, so i'm going to build it. i'll get the custom-wound Duncan you posted the pic of above, i have a Fender-scale neck, and i'll build an alder body myself. i'll use brass plate to scratch-build a bridge, and i'll make pickguards to hold a PAF7 in the neck position. voila--super-low twang. :hbang:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Didn't Stephen Carpenter have one done for him? :lol:

Sorry, no more SC posts from me.

wardpike

Reaction score
Someone please help me find a traditional tele bridge, 7 string version, that I can use for a 7 string tele build with one of those Seymour Duncan pickups. Many thanks in advance!

Ward,
wardpike@hotmail.com for email, MSN, farcebook etc.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
While at work, I spoke with Duncan regarding this issue. To our knowledge, the only legitmate 7 string Tele Bridges were those made for our Forumite here. Neither Schaller, nor Gotoh have any plans to engineer such unless there is a revolution of demand for it.

It looks like 7 string hardtale in conjunction with direct mounting a Duncan 7 Tele bridge pickup are as close as we're going to get for now.

wardpike

Reaction score
Say guys, the Rondo (shudder) 7 string tele clone is $550. That seems like an awful lot of money to spend just to get the parts necessary. I've already sourced the neck, with a plank style headstock that I can cut to a tele shape, I've sourced the body: I'm going to build it based on one of my other tele's with just a couple of mods to accommodate the 7 string neck and the bridge and other pup routes. I'm fairly certain a standard pickgaurd will do the trick, with just larger cuts for the bridge joint and routes for the two other single coil pups (yes, I like 3 pup tele's). All's I need really is a bridge! I'll be using those SD 7 string tele pups... and 375k pots and a normal 5 way switch. Damn that elusiv e bridge! I'm starting to think I'm going to have to get one machined.

74n4LL0

I'm a robot...
Reaction score
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Say guys, the Rondo (shudder) 7 string tele clone is $550. That seems like an awful lot of money to spend just to get the parts necessary. I've already sourced the neck, with a plank style headstock that I can cut to a tele shape, I've sourced the body: I'm going to build it based on one of my other tele's with just a couple of mods to accommodate the 7 string neck and the bridge and other pup routes. I'm fairly certain a standard pickgaurd will do the trick, with just larger cuts for the bridge joint and routes for the two other single coil pups (yes, I like 3 pup tele's). All's I need really is a bridge! I'll be using those SD 7 string tele pups... and 375k pots and a normal 5 way switch. Damn that elusiv e bridge! I'm starting to think I'm going to have to get one machined.

to me 550$ looks fair:
I think that the bridge costs 150$ alone IF you can get one from Scott...
the pickups 150$ both (kent amstrong) or 300$ (SD cs)
you see 300-450$ only for this parts...
then it's other 250$ for the body, the neck, the electronics, the baseplate, the pickguard...seems fair no?
maybe the pups will not be so good like SD but if I don't like them I'll go for a rewind...

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
to me 550$ looks fair:
it certainly seems fair to me if you add in all the time and pain and sweat of building it. i enjoy the building itself, which is why i do it, but it certainly doesn't save any money when you take into account all the materials and effort.

wardpike, feel free to PM me if you want any details on how i did it.

')