Telecaster content in Drop D

• Thread starter IconW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IconW

Reaction score
I bought a Telecaster. Squier Classic Vibe tele to be precise.
For now it got stock PU's but I consider if I want to change them yet. Those current single coils sound surprisingly good!

So we take one of these

TeleBlondSmall.jpg

and play a little tune

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1008348/Tele_12.mp3

Not a single modification made for the guitar yet. Those are stock string too...I'm thinking I should test this in drop C. :D

Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sander

Reaction score
This is seriously killer. The guitar and bass tones are spot on. The only thing i'm not a fan of is the snare.

IconW

Reaction score
Nice guitar - but even better sounding!

What are you using for guitars and drums? Sounds killer!

Thanks!
For guitars I used mostly freeware like TSE808, LePou's Lecto and Legion. And for cabinet impulses there were some Recabinet stuff and some free impulses mixed together if I recall correctly.

Drums are Toontrack's The Metal Foundry eq'd and compressed on seperate tracks in my daw.

This is seriously killer. The guitar and bass tones are spot on. The only thing i'm not a fan of is the snare.

Thank you!
Yeah the snare is still lacking even thought I tweaked it a good amount of time. Maybe I change the whole thing...

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, dude!!

I have my Telecaster tuned to A# standard as of last week after I picked up a set of heavier strings. I need to work on the set up a bit.

Here's what I started working on last week with it: new song (very rough)(wip) by axxessdenied on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Theres another unfinished tune on my soundcloud, all tracks on it are done with my telecaster in C# standard with 11-50s on it.
Im gonna go back to C or C# on the tele once my DC800 arrives.

IconW

Reaction score
Sounds awesome, dude!!

I have my Telecaster tuned to A# standard as of last week after I picked up a set of heavier strings. I need to work on the set up a bit.

Here's what I started working on last week with it: new song (very rough)(wip) by axxessdenied on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Theres another unfinished tune on my soundcloud, all tracks on it are done with my telecaster in C# standard with 11-50s on it.
Im gonna go back to C or C# on the tele once my DC800 arrives.

Thanks!

Sounds ok. Drums are a bit weak sounding and there's no bass so can't say much about the mix.

omfg! thats so heavy nasty sludgie like some opethostodon)) sounds awesome!

haha Thanks! :D

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

Sounds ok. Drums are a bit weak sounding and there's no bass so can't say much about the mix.

haha Thanks! :D
Thanks, dude :) It's totally raw, no mixing and only my second full length unfinished song, I posted a newer version with double tracked rhythm guitars and some more elements added.. The drums are just metal foundry with no preset or anything. Just wanted to post since you were using a single coil tele to record metal as well haha :hbang: If you're thinking of going low, don't hold back! Hoping to lay down a bass track this week once I set up my bass to be in unison with an 8-string :)

IconW

Reaction score
Thanks, dude :) It's totally raw, no mixing and only my second full length unfinished song, I posted a newer version with double tracked rhythm guitars and some more elements added.. The drums are just metal foundry with no preset or anything. Just wanted to post since you were using a single coil tele to record metal as well haha :hbang: If you're thinking of going low, don't hold back! Hoping to lay down a bass track this week once I set up my bass to be in unison with an 8-string :)

haha yeah. It's indeed very versatile guitar and more than suitable for metal.
So do you have three part vintage or modern whole six part bridge in your tele? I'm asking 'cause I wonder if I got any problems to intonate my strings with that vintage bridge and such low tunings.

IconW

Reaction score
I have the vintage style bridge as it is a highway 1 telecaster. I can't get the intonation bang on so I get it as close as possible. I'm interested in upgrading to a Callaham vintage tele bridge ( Callaham Vintage Guitars and Parts (Home) ) and a set of seymour duncan hotrails if I end up keeping the guitar!!

Ok. Thanks for the info! And if you're not keeping it, remember that every guitarist should have at least one telecaster.
That's the (not so serious) rule. :D

Miijk

Walking E-string
Reaction score
I'm considering one of these and would want it in drop C#(with a 10 - 52 set), got a thread about it in the Tech section. Just wondering how the intonation works out on it?

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
I'm considering one of these and would want it in drop C#(with a 10 - 52 set), got a thread about it in the Tech section. Just wondering how the intonation works out on it?

i have one of these (in white though) and i have it in drop C with a 10-52 set and i didn't really have to intonate it all that much. But keep in mind that there's 2 strings per saddle so it's really hard to get every string dead on without affecting the other.

Besides, OP, your link doesn't work. love your guitar tho!

EDIT: o lol, 2012 nvm about the link.

')