Telecaster type 7 strings

Jhey

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I know of a couple of Telecaster type 7 string guitars, but so far ESP seems to have the nicest one(IMO).

But I like to check around so I thought maybe someone here knew about something that I haven't seen yet before I pull the trigger on a new guitar! :)

So hit me up with the coolest Tele-type 7 string guitars you know about, if you know about any!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gravy Train

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid PT7 or Schecter Chris Garza PT7 (though it is now discontinued). That would be my best bet

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
If you're looking at production models then michael kelly make the 507 series with some great specs for the price. For customs there's aviator warbird, knightro pioneer, vik caprice t1, carillion nemesis, mayones legend and kiesel solo.
I'm pretty partial to the look of the aviator warbird myself. It's the sleekest/most modern shape.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Bryant Custom Guitars
bryantcustomguitars@gmail.com

He has been building at Warmoth for years. He has his own shop as well, I've been there personally. He also has access and experience with a huge verity of woods, hardware and electrnoics. He also winds custom pick-ups.

Quality person. Quality guitar builds. He will definitely be building my next customs, electric and acoustic 7's
He has a Facebook page, is working on his own website and has several mostly old YouTube vids with Tele's though he can build you anything you want pretty much.

Decent prices and build times. Totally trustworthy. I'm sure he would be happy to email you photos of his builds. The man knows what he is doing for sure. And yes he has done work on my guitars so I am speaking from personal experience.

Tim Bryant builds awesome 7 string Tele's.
And 8 string Tele's
And 14 string Tele's
Pretty much any style and specs guitar you want.

khm

Reaction score
Hapas sludge. Skervesen tamandua

If you go with Hapas, you will have a long old wait. mine has already taken twice the quoted time for the build, and I still don't have it - keep getting new deadlines that are missed, so if you go down that road, be prepared!

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
If you go with Hapas, you will have a long old wait. mine has already taken twice the quoted time for the build, and I still don't have it - keep getting new deadlines that are missed, so if you go down that road, be prepared!

Ya he really got swamped recently. Mine took about 6 months but I put my order in before he got really big.

khm

Reaction score
Ya he really got swamped recently. Mine took about 6 months but I put my order in before he got really big.

I believe I put my order in the same time as you (last November). I understand delays happen, I do not however understand why delays are not communicated to the client, and then subsequent new dates missed without reason, or apology.

They didn't even start building mine until the original completion date had come and gone and have even done a 'Small Run' to build some guitars to put up for sale in the interim - Seems to be the only industry I have come across that is completely devoid of basic business etiquette and customer satisfaction, and almost intrinsically part of ordering a custom guitar.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I believe I put my order in the same time as you (last November). I understand delays happen, I do not however understand why delays are not communicated to the client, and then subsequent new dates missed without reason, or apology.

They didn't even start building mine until the original completion date had come and gone and have even done a 'Small Run' to build some guitars to put up for sale in the interim - Seems to be the only industry I have come across that is completely devoid of basic business etiquette and customer satisfaction, and almost intrinsically part of ordering a custom guitar.

Ya man, I understand that sucks ass especially if you put in yours at the same time as mine. He's very bad with communication. I think he is only a 2 man shop which doesn't excuse the delays or the lack of etiquette. But it does seem like the guys that are able to expand and hire more people are more able to get their shit together.

I'm not going to make any excuses for him. My guitar is great but there are definitely builders that seem to be able to get stuff down at least in their stated time frame with good communication.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

This is the type of thing that makes me so nervous to put down money for a guitar from these smaller builders. Really a shame.

khm

Reaction score
This is the type of thing that makes me so nervous to put down money for a guitar from these smaller builders. Really a shame.
In Hindsight, I probably should have gone with a more established builder such as Skervessen, Aristrides, Siggie braun and the like - but I guess it is what it is now, I am just hoping they come through and deliver the guitar, although I am not holding my breath at this point - they are still worryingly advertising a between 6-12 month wait time, which is frustrating when I know they wont be able to fulfil anything close to the 6 months they are advertising, I just hope no one ends up in the same position as myself. If someone tells me 12 months at the outset, I have no drama with that, but to tell me half that, and still nothing 6 months on - doesn't inspire me with confidence.

If you are gonna lay down some cash on your own custom, just do your due diligence and maybe head towards a more established builder is all I can say man, good luck!

rahnvu

Reaction score
2963351574_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Agile texan 7.

Done.

Reaction score
Hey Ive scoured a few of these threads about 7 string teles, and I figure this is as good a place as any to ask.

Do the 7 string telecaster builds from agile still have that fender twang to them?

')