Tell me about Reaper!!!

• Thread starter Astral Worm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Astral Worm

Reaction score
I have been using propeller head record for a few years now but im looking for something new and doesnt take up as much space on my cpu. I have heard that Reaper doesnt take up as much space as most recording Daws do nowdays! Is this true? Well either way my main concern is if you can master in Reaper how is the mastering section on it?
How much space do you need on a cpu to use Reaper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
I think you're confusing the concept of hard drive space with processor usage.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure of what you mean by "space on a CPU"?

Regardless, as DAWs go Reaper is pretty lightweight. As for the "mastering section", you can certainly master with it, though some 3rd part plugins would go a long way in that department. It's as full featured as any of the common production DAWs like ProTools or Logic.

Astral Worm

Reaction score
Not sure of what you mean by "space on a CPU"?

Regardless, as DAWs go Reaper is pretty lightweight. As for the "mastering section", you can certainly master with it, though some 3rd part plugins would go a long way in that department. It's as full featured as any of the common production DAWs like ProTools or Logic.

Sorry I meant how much GB of free space is needed to download and use Reaper. I didnt see that info on their website.

Thanks

Astral Worm

Reaction score
Well I think after seeing a few vids on Reaper I have made a choice to get it! :hbang:

fuge

Reaction score
Personally I m really into reaper. User friendly and smart, the only bad thing I found out is that its crashing sometimes. Happened few times to me, few hours o' work got into garbage can. It often does this when I use lots of vsts and samples, so it must be something with the ram managing. Apart from this issue, I m sure changing to reaper from cubase was a good idea.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Reaper is one of the best DAWs that I have used. Coming from Logic and Cubase, it's really powerful and lightweight. You may want to invest in a 3rd party mastering plugin though.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Personally I m really into reaper. User friendly and smart, the only bad thing I found out is that its crashing sometimes. Happened few times to me, few hours o' work got into garbage can. It often does this when I use lots of vsts and samples, so it must be something with the ram managing. Apart from this issue, I m sure changing to reaper from cubase was a good idea.

It doesn't allow for autosaving?

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
For one thing, I can afford it.

Secondly, it has almost all the same features as the big boys.

Thirdly, great free trial period and doesn't cripple the software during it.

Give it a shot. I love it.

aturaya

Reaction score
Yeah reaper is awesome for pretty much everything except MIDI. The way that there's only 1 type of track is pretty unique and amazing to be honest.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
I'm kind of iffy about Reaper. It's a great price. But, you will need a separate mastering solution. That adds to the cost.
Also, I found myself tweaking things more than actually focusing on productivity.

Even with a bigger sticker price I'd rather be on Logic or Studio One just for the quality set of plugins and great productivity.

tedtan

Reaction score

If you are having problems with Reaper crashing it is most likely a hardware issue/problem, not a Reaper problem. No software is perfectly stable, but Reaper is more so than any other DAW I have used.

Latest posts

')