Tell me which V to order.

• Thread starter Dehumanize
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

behemoth91

Reaction score
the bc rich. pat o'brien swears by them for death metal and stuff. And there was this one band i saw called lechorous nocturne and the guitarist used a bc rich jr v deluxe and the quality was top notch. plus bc rich just looks better then the ltd. plus you get ofr compared to lfr and ebony compared to rosewood.

avenger

Reaction score
Its pretty close, BC Rich is quite nice but something about that LTD is very hot.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
the bc rich. pat o'brien swears by them for death metal and stuff. And there was this one band i saw called lechorous nocturne and the guitarist used a bc rich jr v deluxe and the quality was top notch. plus bc rich just looks better then the ltd. plus you get ofr compared to lfr and ebony compared to rosewood.

The V-401 gets a Floyd Rose 1000 series I'm pretty sure.

shogunate

Reaction score
Spec wise it's hands down the BCR. As far as this poll is going, seems to be BCR. All indicators point to.... Well, unless you have a really big dealbreaking reason you want that LTD, the choice is obvious.

B.C. Rich really has been stepping up their game, now they just need to get a damn regular bich back in the family :lol: I've found their necks to be some of the more comfortable ones out there :scratch: maybe just my hands though.

Has anyone here played one of those floyd 1000 series BTW? Any good?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone here played one of those floyd 1000 series BTW? Any good?

They're fairly recent, so there's no telling how they'll hold up years from now, but having held one in my hand, it's a pretty solid unit. Nothing is glaringly cheap about it, kinda like the nicer Ping and Takeuchi units.

If I had to guess I'd say with proper care and set-up it'll last a good long time, just like most LFRs.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Get the Pat icon.

JRVRBO_sm.jpg

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
wow.. BCR MUST be doing better, I've never seen so much love for them like this at 7S.org before! :metal:

The new import BC Rich's are great guitars. A few years back they sucked, but they have up'ed their game big time. Usually when SS.org universally hates something there is a reason, and if that reason is rectified we take notice and admit it. When i saw this I just had to have one. Very glad I got it.

201.jpg

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that, I've made a detailed (and regularly updated) list of Pat's custom Jr Vs and Speed Vs, including the specs of each. I've shared it over at the BC Rich Players Forum, if you want to see it please let me know. :metal:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Someone at BRC finally realized that they were making crap. All for the better I say. I've never wanted one more.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the 200 series LTD's get the Floyd Rose Specials and the Deluxe LTD's receive the 1000 Series (along with the signature 600 models).

The V-401DX (which is part of the "LTD Standard Series") gets the Floyd Rose Special, so the quality of the 1000 series (which I keep getting conflicting info on) is a moot point in the case of this thread.

From what I understand the current Floyd hierarchy (thanks Fender :lol:) is:

Original Floyd Rose
Floyd Rose 1000 Series
Floyd Rose Special

I'm not a Floyd Rose expert, so please, if anyone knows otherwise, chime in. I recently did a set-up on an LTD MH-1000FR with it's 1000 Series trem and it seemed pretty solid, as I stated earlier in the thread. It weighed just about as much as an OFR I had on hand, and overall was amazingly similar, damn near identical.

As for the Specials, I haven't messed with one really, but seeing as it's replaced some REALLY low end hardware I don't see it being anything more than an LFR with Floyd Rose branding.

Like I said though, I could be wrong. It seems these days new iterations of old designs seem to come out quicker than I can buy guitars or find someone crazy enough to let me fuck with theirs. :lol:

')