Tell me...

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This ain't metal (I'll think on it), but I really want a new Jawbreaker album while they're still playing.
I always found their music to be so much more interestingly laid out than their contemporaries. Such interesting chord progressions, some that sound so off and jarring then they come back around and sounds super melodic, very good band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Skyharbor, Loathe, Uneven Structure, Textures, Eternity Forever, Guthrie Govan, Deluhi, Agent Fresco.

a little mix of bands that have a little catalogue but interesting proposals, or that even with a few albums on their back I think they could still come up with something interesting
I do sorely miss Textures. Dualism was such a huge record for me.
Weren't Loathe supposed to be grinding in the studio like a year ago? I could have sworn we were slated to get a new release soon™ and then nothing. Shame to see them lose some of the momentum they had with ILIIAITE.

Would love some new Mudvayne.
My picks would probably be Aggaloch, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Glassjaw.

Those are just the ones that come to mind, and I don't necessarily think Glassjaw are broken up or anything but I just want more music from them.
My first gut response was Dillinger too. But not like a full album.
I want a random, pissed off 4~5 song EP and a mic drop. Like a "Yeah, we said we were done, but....here ya go you're gunna need this"

For a not yet listed answer though...I've got to say Corelia.
That first EP was absolutely impeccable and I think if they were actually able to finish the album they were working on, judging by the half-finished copy that was released, they had an incredibly bright future ahead of them. If they were able to work out their issues and give it another go on their own time I think the return would be more warmly received than most would expect.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Follow the White Rabbit. They were a Russian band that put out one batshit insane album and then broke up. Progarchives calls them Experimental/Post Metal.
If you haven't heard this album before give it a spin. Absolutely amazing.

Necky379

Reaction score
Every Time I Die, c’mon guys you’re brothers! Work it out, you’re upsetting your mother!

Chimaira is probably going to happen is my guess. Rob has managed to stay relevant and the new live footage looks like they’re tight. The drum cam stuff is great and I’ve been drooling over those new Z Customs. I’d love to get some new Chimaira.

Himsa, oh please oh please oh please oh please please please.

Allman Bros can’t happen obviously and we have Gov’t Mule but I would love to see Warren Haynes on a supergroup album that sounds something like what he was doing in the 90’s with them. I’m talking two drummers, keys/organ and powerhouse guitar players.

FrznTek

Reaction score
Mine will be bands that are kind of active but haven't released anything for at least a little while...

Karnivool
Fear Factory
Chimaira
Mudvayne
Deadsy
Karnivool has said they don't live in the same area anymore so it's hard to get together and write. (sad)

Fear Factory put out Re-Indutrialized last year and seem to be working on new stuff from what I have seen.

Chimaira just plaid there first show in some time, so a fairly good chance they are going to.

Mudvayne as others have said, it looks like they are working on it.

Deadsy, put up a demo of "
[study for a portrait of] Napolean In Rags" this year... but it seems like Elisha is in deep with addiction to the point Cher even filed for conservatorship... As much of a massive Deadsy fan I am and would love a new album, I just hope the guy gets the help he needs.

RCB

Reaction score
Triptykon's last studio record was 10 years ago. That said the band posted on their respective socials about a week ago that they're finally returning to the studio.

Now someone needs to crack the whip at Mr. Fischer to finish the re-write of his 'Are You Morbid?' autobiography like he's been threatening to do these last several years. One thing at a time I guess.

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Joanna Newsom. Plucks more strings than any of your favourite musicians, except if they are harpsichord players 😜 7 Years since Divers, time for a new album.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Man that’s unfortunate, I had no idea
He did an interview with Guitar World last year and indicated he was working his way back into playing more:
“People tell me all the time how good I was,” Bratta says. “But it was never about that. I just loved to play guitar, and for most of my life, I’ve never been able to put it down. Things were different after my injury, but within the last year, I’ve re-learned all my White Lion solos – which was fucking tough – and I went from only being able to play for a few minutes at a time with extreme pain to being able to play for two or three hours straight."

mastapimp

Reaction score
Really miss Peter Wichers guitar work. He was great in Soilwork and contributed some great material to Warrel Dane's solo release. I have no idea if he's still doing music production or playing with anybody these days after he took a job with Fender.

Would love to get new music from Days of the New (Travis Meeks) but he'll never get his life together.

I heard there's a new Joe Holmes or Farmikos album that's supposedly just finished and waiting for the right distribution. Been waiting on that one for a few years.

As others have said, Mudvayne.

Lastly, would love another Guthrie Govan solo release. I'm a big fan of the Aristocrats, but would kill for another masterpiece follow-up to Erotic Cakes.

')