Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Haha

I do dig some Brazilian bands, most of which are independent, though. I must admit I do like Los Hermanos, though, and I have respect for a few others though I'd never listen to.

As far as traditional folk music goes, I'm with you - I only like chorinho as well :agreed:.

Btw, :welcome:

I guess he was actually refering to our local bands, not the international ones such as these, Angra, and Shaman. We have so few English-singing bands that we usually exclude them when we're talking about Brazilian music. It's as if they were something else.

That said, Sepultura live is (used to be?) absolutely killer even though I'm not into their style :hbang:

CSS is as international nowadays as Sepultura and Krisiun. CSS sucks big time, but they're hardly local since they're widely known in Europe (especially London) and some parts of the States.

Yup those bands are brazilian but they don't play brazilian MUSIC.
I don't like them at all.
Thanks for the welcome bro yesterday I sold a marshall cab to a guy from there,he came here by bus(6 hours) and returned(+ 6 hours) with that cab.
Now he's tired but...............................happy :lol:

If a band is brazilian, and they play music, even if it's sung in english, it is brazilian music, why not? Angra's Holy Land and Sepultura's Roots are full of Brazilian references...

It's like saying that In Flames, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and other bands aren't swedish music because they sing in english, they play metal, etc. :noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
If you were born in Paris but your band plays SAMBA,your band doesn't plays french music they play brazilian music.
Well sepultura doesn't play brazilian music at all.
No matter how many brazilian genres angra mix in their songs still angra genre is not brazilian music.It's heavy metal or whatever,wich is not a brazilian genre,mixed with some brazilian genres.
It'd be completely diffrent if angra played chorinho and mixed it with some other countries different genres,then it'd be brazilian music with other countries genres mixed in.
In fact the only PURE brazilian music is indians music.All other genres came from other countries and people turned them into something they wanted.
I said PURE but of course no matter what's Samba's roots cause people modificated them and built it up samba.

Reaction score
U2 rox. The Edge is the man as far as delay is concerned.
And so does Dave Matthews Band :squint: . Seriously, that drummer isn't human.

5. Limp Bizkit. I can't respect a band that repeats the same vocal line in every other fucking song! "My way on the highway!". Aaarrrgh.

4. The White Stripes. I was actually imporessed to see a live gig on youtube where Jack White played an acoustic guitar with a slide. He's not a bad guitarist at all. That, unfortunately, does little to make his band less annoying.

3. Simple Plan. I'm not an extreme emo hater - I don't mind MCR or Panic at the Disco (well, some of their stuff, at least), but enough is enough. Most annoying band to step feet on America.

2. Britney Spears. I confess, I kinda like "Toxic". However, given the fact that she does not write her own shit, she deserves no credit. What does she do? Well, she sings. And, opposed to 95% of American female solo pop singers, she's horrible. She's not #1 because she at least shows up sometimes without underpants.

1. 50 Cent and gangsta rappers in general. It's not just the music, it's the attitude. :puke: . The 2nd track on Pain of Salvation's Scarsick album says it all (crappy album, I know, but the lyrics for this one are amazing).

Aside from #1 and #2, I don't really hate these bands, though. Most Brazilian rock bands are so hideous that Simple Plan looks like a Metal God in comparison. Have a listen to this piece of shit, for instance:

And this is just one; probably not even the worst (singer is a douchebag, though).

That band's not too bad, and the vocalist is kind of cute.

prplhz

Reaction score
wow ^ :scratch:

1. after seeing that, CINE
2. Attack Attack!
3. Kanye West
4. 50Cent
5. Yellowcard

the list goes on so much longer though. there is a lot of bad music out now.

Abaddon

+The Destroyer+
Reaction score
1. Attack Attack and any other "metal" band that gets their hair done at a salon (AX7 Atreyu Bullet for my Valentine etc... ugh :stitch:)
2. U2 (Bono must be over 80 Courics) :fullofit:
3. Country... all of it
4. The Axe Hair Crisis Relief girls from those awful commercials
5. O.A.R. - Turn the Car Around :barf:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Bring me the horizon
Suicide silence
You me at six
Anaal narkath
All british indie kid music which try's to sound original and quirky, and where the singer delibarately exaggerates an annoying accent, which makes for absolute, unredeemable gayness.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I knew I had spelt it wrong, consider it as a intentional sign of disrespect :squint:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
here's my revised answer: any band who's treats their image as more important than their music.

:agreed: That pretty much means most of today's music, lol. I agree, though.

My 5:
Metallica (I like some of their music, but it gets boring after one song.)
Attack Attack!
Muse
Jack Johnson
Limp Bizkit (they just plain suck.)

It's hard to narrow it down to 5 bands, because they're are a lot of bands I can't stand.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
:agreed: That pretty much means most of today's music, lol. I agree, though.

Today's music ???
All bands care about their lookings.Metal chains and skulls are the same as emo make-up or hair spray to hair metal bands.Of course some bands have better music than others still even before the very first video looking is important and everybody care about it.Even playing naked is part of a looking.Black guitars to metal is the same as sunburst les pauls to blues.
The problem isn't the bands and their lookings but people becaming fans of this or that band because of their lookings.
Remember FANS keep a band alive so a band wich cares more about its looking than its music is a reflex of their fans.
Blah blah blah :nuts: :lol:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
CSS is as international nowadays as Sepultura and Krisiun. CSS sucks big time, but they're hardly local since they're widely known in Europe (especially London) and some parts of the States.

You misunderstood me, bro. When 8Finger referred to Brazilian bands, I said that he was probably excluding the ones with international projection. It was I who brought CSS up, in a different context.

If a band is brazilian, and they play music, even if it's sung in english, it is brazilian music, why not? Angra's Holy Land and Sepultura's Roots are full of Brazilian references...

It's like saying that In Flames, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and other bands aren't swedish music because they sing in english, they play metal, etc. :noway:

Angra and Sepultura record their albums in other countries and/or with foreign producers. They have completely different standards, different market demands mixing- and technique-wise etc. When I talk about how crappy Brazilian rock in general is, I usually exclude the international ones because of that. It's hard to find common ground between Angra and Cine besides the fact they're both from São Paulo and play music.

In fact, following your reasoning, a Brazilian band that plays Irish traditional music plays Brazilian Music, whilst an American Tom Jobim cover band plays American music. Notty notty.

I'm so glad you guys hated Cine! :wub:
There are probably worst stuff in here, but these guys are a trend in here. Well, at least in São Paulo. But we do have some equally hideous shit here in Rio, too :lol:

Ooooooh and I totally forgot about Arctic Monkeys! :facepalm:

Seebu

Defenestrator
Reaction score
1. Most of Metalcore/deathcore
2. College-rock
3. Groove/djent/whatever bands
For 4. and 5. I choose Pantera and Necrophagist. Both of which I don't hate but just don't see what's so great about them. They are massively overrated bands.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
For 4. and 5. I choose Pantera and Necrophagist. Both of which I don't hate but just don't see what's so great about them. They are massively overrated bands.

In regards to Pantera, it's mostly about the timing. Cowboys From Hell came out in 1990 -- when the charts were topped by 'artists' like Wilson Phillips, Roxette, Sinead O' Connor, Bel Biv Devoe, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Phil Collins, En Vogue, Billy Idol, and Jon Bon Jovi. Some of the closest things to metal on the Billboard at the time were Aerosmith, Nelson, and Motley Crue. :rofl:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Dream Theatre
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Bleeding Through
Bullet For My Valentine

vontetzianos

Reaction score
fall out boy
nickelback
jack johnson
pretty much all gangsta rap and RnB that you hear on the radio
jason mraz

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
1. Divine Heresy - The drummer is good but the rest of the band is just so bland...
2. Attack Attack - Just complete douches
3. U2 - Most overated wank stains in the music industry
4. My Chemical Romance - There just so faggoty
5. Any Emo and hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')