Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willyman101

Reaction score
There was anybody like him in the MEDIA but I bet there were hundreds guitarists better than him playing in their bedrooms.
Just because there was only him it doesn't makes him a good or bad player.
I don't give a shit about what is in the media this days so I bet at that time I wouldn't give a shit to him too.
When Steve Vai released Passion and warfare everybody was shocked cause he broke all barriers abut guitar playing.
That was a real blast and he wasn't alone there were a lot more players around him.

It doesn't make him overrated because there might have been a few guitarists doing something vaguely similar at about the same time in their bedrooms. They could have done what he did, he probably worked harder for it. And without him most music you listen to might not be the same.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I still think some of you guys are nuts. :noplease: I can't even begin to harsh on... well, Trivium... or even (sigh) Nickelback where there is shit that looks like this:

25430_cobra%20starshhip.jpg

Wiz

Reaction score
I still think some of you guys are nuts. :noplease: I can't even begin to harsh on... well, Trivium... or even (sigh) Nickelback where there is shit that looks like this:

25430_cobra%20starshhip.jpg

Haha. I think we're just limiting ourselves to our own genres for now, we want to purge the heathens from among us.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
As silly as the Hendrix debate is, I just want to say he was an innovator and innovators are always in another league than their followers and refiners. I don't listen to Jimi more than maybe once or twice a year but he changed everything. Also, people forget that he was active for only 3 years, he was 27 when he died, most of the guitarists who are claimed as great today have had long carreers and played for longer than Jimi's entire lifespan. And the technological development of the electric guitar/amps/FX hadn't gone very far back then. It's unfair to compare.

Bands I can't stand: The entire wave of recycled, materialism-worshipping hip hop, not just because the music is completely void of any talent or musical ambition, but because it promotes things that are just downright immoral to me. It advertises materialism, conceit and not giving a fuck about any of the global issues that are a direct result of that meterialism, conceit and lack of care for global issues. Whenever I see 50 Cent I feel like stabbing him. Just recently my sister saw him at a festival and he was on way past his given concert time just cause he could pay the fine for doing so, cause he was so rich. The festival arrangers doesn't want the goddamn fine you narrowminded asshole, it's there to prevent people from ruining for the bands who'll be playing after you.

Just typing this gets me furious...

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Just recently my sister saw him at a festival and he was on way past his given concert time just cause he could pay the fine for doing so, cause he was so rich. The festival arrangers doesn't want the goddamn fine you narrowminded asshole, it's there to prevent people from ruining for the bands who'll be playing after you.

thats such a dick move. I think that there is a lot of talent in the underground hip-hop scene but people like "fiddy" give the genre such a bad name. the only person dumber then 50 cent is the guy who shot him 9 times and couldn't kill him :squint:.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
Since this thread is still going strong, I might as well add 5 more I don't like!:lol:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Nikelback
Puddle Of Mudd
Staind

+1... This "hard rock" shit is getting old... It doesn't help that half of them sound like they want to be in Pearl Jam or STP... :/

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
misogynistic , materialist, ignorance inducing shit.

there is some talent but for the most part its tacky crap.

Exactly. In a time where the planet is in the most blatant need to be reevaluated and get rid of such caveman morals, they're doing the most to endorse it. Materialism among young people is only growing, because they think that owning 5 Hummers is something to aim for. These people should be despised and preferrably put in jail, not featured on youth-oriented TV.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
Exactly. In a time where the planet is in the most blatant need to be reevaluated and get rid of such caveman morals, they're doing the most to endorse it. Materialism among young people is only growing, because they think that owning 5 Hummers is something to aim for. These people should be despised and preferrably put in jail, not featured on youth-oriented TV.

^America's biggest problem. :noplease:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
America's biggest problem is that they can practice their materialism on the expense of the entire world, but think it's just an American problem.

troyguitar

Reaction score
That problem is going away. Massive unemployment, much less credit being issued, and all of the other economic problems = bye bye consumerism/materialism for most folks.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
never understood the in before the lock thing, I know what it means I just don't get why people do it :scratch:

kellestyne

The Dude
Reaction score
I can't stand "Yeah Yeah Yeah's" or whatever, are annoying, it's like Metric except I want to kill myself.

Also "Metallica" What happened there? used to be alright, now overrated and liked by all the poser "metal" kids.

"AC/DC" I know people are gonna hate on that, but hear me out, angus good Blues solos, but to play the same chord progression in every song, not cool.

"King Diamond" Yes we get it, you "fathered" black metal, but you look like a joke, and the vocals are unfitting

Finaly the band "Nirvana" most overrated band of all time, and Cobain isn't worth his "guitar hero" status.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
If Cobain had pinky boobs I could stand him,the same way I stand(love) Avril lol

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Cobain had pinky boobs I could stand him,the same way I stand(love) Avril lol

I think her first two records are actually pretty good, by that I mean rather creative and lyrically profound for a mass-marketed pop act appealing to pre-teen girls. Some songs even have a cool chord change or two.

However, "The Best Damn Thing" (with the Girlfriend song etc), is... I mean it's so bad I get speechless. There are hardly more than 2 chord progressions on the entire album (you already know which ones, trust me), the lyrics are so immature that I feel like stabbing myself just for distraction, and worst of all it's such a waste of a potential talent. She really has become the kind of person she'd rebel against when she started out.

Reaction score
I just wanna come up to her and be like..

You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy. You were the Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score

If Cobain were still alive to see just how corporate his very name has become he'd, well, blow his brains out with a shotgun I imagine...

... or Courtney could do it for him... :ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')