Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Mercenary
1. Mercenary
1. Mercenary
1. Mercenary
2. The Beatles

I hate Mercenary so much.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a few newer ones.

After the Burial Pre Rareform and Post first Rareform. The singer is awful, sounds like he tries WAY too hard. Also, while I love Rareform...it has way too many open string chug sections.

lolwut?

The vocalist is by far the least important part of the band on any of their releases..... and if you love Rareform, I don't see how you could "hate" any of their other stuff... it's all very similar and very good (the music, not mix/production quality). Also, the re-release of Rareform has a much better mix than the first release...

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
1. Meshuggah
2. Opeth
3. Anything my sister listens to
4. Behold the Arctopus
5. The countless Periphery clones that keep popping up.

I do however like periphery.

Last edited:

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
1. Black Eyed Peas
2. Black Eyed Peas
3. Black Eyed Peas
4. Brokencyde
4. Attack Attack

:wallbash: I'm sick of hearing those 2 terrible black eyed peas songs whenever I go clubbing, whatever kind of set the DJ is playing... :wallbash:

Reaction score
Scar Symmetry
The Faceless
Periphery
Meshuggah
Suicide Silence
Scale The Summit
Avenged Sevenfold
Death
Damn near all rap
That snotty little shit Miley Cyrus
Dragonforce (what a bunch of clowns)
Slipknot
Job For A Cowboy
The Beatles (fuck the beatles, the rolling stones shit all over the beatles)
Dream Theater (such an amazing guitarist, yet such a shitty band)
Bullet For My Valentine (i'd like to put a bullet through something else)
Trivium (fuck these guys, fuck their fans, and fuck guitar world for acting like they are gods)
August Burns Red
Hatebreed (the singer is shit and hes a jerk off)
Necrophagist
System Of A Down (they fucking blow, horrible singer, horrible guitarist, fuck em)
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Pink Floyd (i just dont get it, course i dont do acid anymore, so i guess i'll never get it)

cycloptopus

Reaction score
Scar Symmetry
The Faceless
Periphery
Meshuggah
Suicide Silence
Scale The Summit
Avenged Sevenfold
Death
Damn near all rap
Slipknot
Job For A Cowboy
Trivium (fuck these guys, fuck their fans, and fuck guitar world for acting like they are gods)
August Burns Red
Necrophagist
System Of A Down (they fucking blow, horrible singer, horrible guitarist, fuck em)
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Pink Floyd (i just dont get it, course i dont do acid anymore, so i guess i'll never get it)
Interesting hate list. Who do you think is good?

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Scar Symmetry
The Faceless
Periphery
Meshuggah

Suicide Silence
Scale The Summit
Avenged Sevenfold
Death
Damn near all rap
Slipknot
Job For A Cowboy
August Burns Red
Necrophagist
Disturbed
Linkin Park

Are you trying to piss of ass many people on this forum as possible? :scratch:

kittencore

Reaction score
1.fallout boy
2.icp(do they even count?)
3.iron maiden
4.any corporate bullshit (jonas brothers ect.)
5.ANYONE who has been at/talked about at rockfest.
also lynard skynard

6o66er

Awful Jack-ass
Reaction score
1. FUCKING CREED.

2. Metallica

3. The Beatles

4. Godsmack

5. Led Zeppelin

Hollowman

Reaction score
Hmmm. where to start
1-Shitvana- I laughed when that fucker blew his head off.
2-Led Zepplin-can't stand anything about them.
3-Neil Young-can anyone tell me how a one note solo is supposed to be considered GREAT?
4-Metallica- Kirk and Lars watch Some kind of monster nuff said.
5-Anthrax-I have to explain this one. After P.O.T. and A.O.T.K.B's around the time Joey leftand they got John Bush." who I didn't think was a real good fit for them", I stopped listening to them. I tried S.O.W.N. but couldn't get into it then Dan left sometime after that and I've been done with them since.

Concr3t3

Under The Stone
Reaction score
Killswitch Engage
Lamb of God
Dark Tranquility
Living Sacrifice
Slayer - post Divine Intervention

Which each of these bands, I tried so hard to like them, but it just didn't work.

Antimatter

Reaction score
Metallica- They're generally not good, and Cliff Burton was a mediocre bassist. He's not a bass god just because he died.
Avenged Sevenfold-They just aren't good.
Fallout Boy-terrible
Creed-Bad vocalist
Black Eyed Peas- They ruined hip hop forever. along with basically every artist in the genre from the last 5 years or so.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Bands that a) blast-beat the whole time b) vocalist sounds like s/he's gargling peanut butter.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
Hmmm. where to start
1-Shitvana- I laughed when that fucker blew his head off.

Dude, don't be a dick 'cause you don't like their music. I'm not really all that fond of green day, but I wouldn't wish death on them or laugh if one of them killed themselves :noplease:

groph

Reaction score
Going to post again in here. I'll make another Suicide Silence rant I'm sure, and I'll be listing far more than 5 bands because it's fun to irrationally rag on music that isn't to your taste. This is surely going to be a long post, but that's what I do.

Deathcore... Well, can't say that I hate an entire genre because that would mean that I've listened to EVERY song that could be even remotely classified as such and am keeping on top of everything new that is coming out, and judging them all negatively across the board. That's basically impossible.

What I have found is a sort of instinctive dislike for most of the stuff out there that is labeled "deathcore"

I find Carnifex and Suicide Silence to basically sound the same, a couple of songs have nearly identical intro riffs. (IGNORANT STATEMENT AHEAD) I find a lot of deathcore is a blend of bad metalcore and simplistic low tuned grooves that have a structure that resembles simplified death metal, giving the effect of coming off as a lame version of the music I really like. Add the scenester image and you get the musical identity stolen and warped into something that you absolutely hate. It's nice though when you see a deathcore band whose members are wearing shirts of traditional death metal bands, at least you know their influences are "legit."

I liked Whitechapel for a little bit, never really bothered to get into their stuff but it wore off on me. I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the band, I just don't like the music that much. Alex seems to be a great poster here.

I also have a huge distaste for metal bands of any subgenre that are all decked out in "gangster" apparel, like Winds of Plague, saw a video where the vocalist was doing the typical rapper hand gestures while he was sing... vocalising.. growling/bree-ing whatever he was doing. Then there's Despised Icon with the vocalist wearing a basketball jersey and a 59 Fifty hat.

ALL DEATH METAL PLAYERS SHOULD WEAR CAMO SHORTS AND A SUFFOCATION SHIRT OR ELSE THEIR BAND SUCKS. WHAT YOU WEAR REALLY HAS A BEARING ON YOUR BAND'S QUALITY.

I dunno, I just find it stupid. I know it's superficial and really has nothing to do with the music all that much. I just think you look absolutely fucking retarded doing a rapper impression when you're in a metal band. The "tough" aesthetic of hardcore I never really liked much either.

I should probably just cut to the chase and list bands I hate.

CATEGORY ONE: CRAPPY STUFF THAT IS KIND OF LIKE DEATH METAL

1) Suicide Silence, for being my least favorite musical act in the history of music. The guitarists of this band should leave and form a death metal band. They come from a pure death metal background. They seem to hate the deathcore label, they call it "death metal with grooves." Not so. It's watered down bullshit.*

2) Carnifex, for sounding almost identical to Suicide Silence. These guys have the most retarded music videos I've ever seen. Have you guys seen that one where they pretend to bind and gag some very uninterested looking girl? Right before the super br00tal breakdown the vocalist makes the most hilarious facial expression. It's on Youtube, I forget what the song is called.

3) Brain Drill - Agreed, definitely sounds like nothing but a bunch of wank bullshit with no riffs. At least I'm not philosophically against the band like I am with some deathcore bands. Then again, I like Viraemia.

4) Despised Icon - The new album was sort of decent I guess, there are some really cool riffs and even a good breakdown, but if it's anything like The Ills of Modern Man it will just get stale in a month. You can still hear the breakdowns coming from a mile away. I really don't like how they all slow down, ring out a chord for far too many bars, and then go into a breakdown. OH MAN I DIDN'T ANTICIPATE THAT. I'm also not a huge fan of hardcore, so I can't really get into the hardcore parts of their songs. They seem to be a 60-40 mix of hardcore:death metal as opposed to the "usual" death metal/metalcore mix.

CATEGORY TWO: STUFF YOU'LL ALL HATE ME FOR

1) Bulb/Periphery. I haven't enjoyed anything he's made. I really dislike "happy" sounding grooves. I guess I'm a djent hater. However, he has done wonders with home recording, his stuff always sounds incredible, his tone is at least really clear (I don't really like ENGL's at all)

2) Opeth - I'm with Drakkar. I like Watershed to some degree, but it's still only the odd song here or there and I don't seek the band out to listen to them. I find them too drawn out and boring, I don't really care if they go from heavy to soft in a song, in fact I kind of don't like that. That's just me. The band is a mountain of talent, and Mikael Akerfeldt is one of my idols, because of Bloodbath.

CATEGORY THREE: SEVENDUST/"MODERN ROCK"

Poopiest band ever, man everything sounds identical. I cannot tell when one song ends and another begins. You get a choppy palm muted rhythm and then a typical modern rock wall of power chords with clean singing chorus. Morgan Rose is a beastly drummer, however. Always sounds good.

As far as the rest of "modern rock" is concerned, it's basically like Sevendust. Nickelback has a few decent songs, but they're another prime example. I swear it's music made purely because Mesa Rectifiers sound massive, that HAS to be why they play next to nothing but walls of power chords. I find it completely bland and impotent. Yes, I like music that sounds like a hardon.

CATEGORY FOUR: NON-MUSIC

Here is where I run into some more philosophy. My definition of music used to be anything with sound that someone calls music. Not so. You could go into a forest and record the wind and birds, I wouldn't call that music, maybe it could be, I don't know. I think it needs to express something, but it doesn't have to have pleasant melodies and recognizable structure or lyrics to express, what it's expressing is completely up to whoever made it.

So, bands that are clearly out to make money and are obviously just products like that plague of Disney bands that will go un named are examples of non-music. KISS is included. If you make stuff PURELY to make money, it's a business, not music.

CATEGORY FIVE: PRETENTIOUS GARBAGE

1) Sigur Ros. Jesus Christ. They left an album without lyrics in some bullshit made up language so the listener can determine what the song means for them. Cop out. The only stuff I enjoy from them is whenever Jonsi cracks out the bow, that sounds incredible.

2) Mum - FUCK. Childish babytalk passed off as singing with incredibly boring "beautiful" shit going on in the background. Ok, I'll find some girl with a high pitched voice and tell her to mumble syllables whilst I get some kind of synth and play 56 layers of slow whatever and I'll be the next greatest thing to the fans of this drek. Slow + layers = beautiful.

3) Any kind of band that is all minimalist and tries to pass itself off as deep, can't stand that shit. Pretentious as fuck.** Anything that tries to pass itself off as "deep" is just inherently pretentious. It's not up to you to decide whether or not you're deep. If a significant number of fans determine that your music is somehow profound, then yeah, I guess you're "deep." Woo-hoo.

4) The Beatles - God dammit how can a band get so irritating. They are most certainly not more influential than the largest (2nd largest?) organized religion in the world, fuck them all for assuming that, that's probably the most big-headed shit ever said in the history of popular music. Paul McCartney sort of redeems himself by having a good solo career. John Lennon deserved to be shot, IMO***. So far up his own ass. Love solves nothing, history proves that. A wonderland of rainbows and hippies is not going to happen, ever.**** Hate the Beatles.

* I am the head of the Criteria for Determining what Death Metal is Organization (CDDMO), blow me.

** I really don't like hipsters and their obscure bands "that I wouldn't know."

*** No, I don't ACTUALLY think he deserved to die because of his point of view, I just think he was full of shit. I can't be the only one who thinks this.

**** I've been to the future, and it doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')