Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys realize how this thread is awesome?
I mean in probably all other guitar forums people would be fighting,some would get banned cause the majority of mods are emo babies but here,nobody is fighting,nobody was rude and we're all being honest to our tastes!
Awesome place and till now awesome members.I'm tired of dumb people in dumb forums.One say hey I like yellow,the other says I like blue,both start fighting and mods come and ban everybody !!!!!
Hey mods I'm not sucking balls cause I still don't know you all but so far this place rocks.
Now let's continue having a really honest thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
I feel I should explain my choices.

Psyopus- It isn't music.

Muse-Most overrated band EVER. Matt Bellamy isn't that good and his voice is fucking annoying. Big deal, you use a Kaoss pad and make some funny noises. Mars Volta were doing it way before they did.

Guns n' Roses- Axl voice ruins it and I don't like classic rock anyway.

Pantera- Awful guitar tone and crap vocalist.

Dream Theater- Try too hard to be 'progressive'. Maybe if they stopped trying to play every single bar in a different time signature and concentrated on playing music, they might be good. Oh, and dump the vocalist.

muse was out 2 years before Mars Volta. And if you want to maintain your argument you may want to refer to a band that doesnt create inane bullshit and perhaps refer to its substantially more critically acclaimed father, At the drive in. Even then they were just copying fugazi and drive like jehu, they even admit it.

soooo....yeah. In terms of Bellamys playing well that just style preference because i think he actually quite good. Omar is a hack. imho.

also.
the doors- if he hadnt choked on his own vomit no one would have given two shits.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is really getting under peoples skin.:lol: Two of the only metal bands i care about were slammed on page one and it didn't bother me in the slightest.

As far as bands i "don't stand at all" it's actually pretty hard for me to think about. Pretty much any band who is continuing to push a dead/extinct/dinosaur sound gets my vote. For instance, i'm still a big fan of the old swedish melodeath bands but kids trying to mimic the sound today are only cheapening the music they love so much. Same goes for most metal and extreme metal subgenres. Nothing wrong with incorporating some of your 80's thrash influences into your sound, just keep in mind it's not the 80's anymore. I'm not picking on thrash either, same applies for all genres. Perhaps you missed the birth of whatever genre is nearest and dearest to you, no sweat just start a new one (easier said than done, I know :)). Without a more modern/unique approach it'll just come across as corny.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Job For a Cowboy
Meshuggah
Bring Me The Horizon
Born of Osiris
Suicide Silence (dear SS fans, give up that fucking "Pull The Trigger, Bitch" thing it's fucking pathetic now)

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
See You Next Tuesday

Pantera

Tool

Nirvana

Majority of the "Hard Rock" bands.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
- Violent Femmes (Most annoying whiney voice ever!)
- REO Speedwagon (Is that guy trying to sound Irish?)
- G Love (I wish my hand could reach into the speaker and punch him)
- Rolling Stones (Shoot me)
- Billy Squire ("Rock Me Tonite" video. Enough said)

Bonus: Bands that should be killed just for their names alone:
- We Are Scientists (no you fucking AREN'T!!)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (hipsterrrraaAAAARGH!!)
- REO Speedwagon (I don't know how it was in the 70's, but today the words speed and wagon don't go together)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any band that would be featured in a 14 year old's "10 BEST BREAKDOWNS EVER" youtube compilation. Such as 'The Devil Wears Prada'.

As for non-metal, too many to list.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Right, I'm as pro-free-market as anyone can get and even *I* think breakdowns should be licensed and regulated.

Jeff

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
1- any overrated band that has been shoved down my throat became famous because someone died in it (doors, nirvana im looking at you)

2- celebrity kids and teen cum dumpster recordlabel investments - Avril Lavigne, Ashley simpson, mutant osbourne cherub monster, ryan cabrera etc...

3- People who play shitty college dick lick frat boy music. Id est- Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews...you have done nothing to add to the world you wastes of time.

4- Singers/entertainers who claim to be "artists" and talk incessantly about "my music" and have a team of producers and writers write inane shit usually entitled "pieces of me"....seriously look up how many songs are titles that.

5- when the popular kids in highschool decided to start scenester music groups and flood the world in tsunami like waves of tacky crap. id est- Lady Gaga, Story of the year, Hawthorne Heights, Good Charlotte, any "indie" music that has come out in the past 9 years.

its seems such a shame to stop at 5 when there is so much to bash.

bonus
6- the "accepted" classics that i personally cannot take another second of. Led Zepplin, Billy Joel, Elton John 90% of the hippy movement, and 95% of the 80's music.

i remember when mocking the 80's was all anyone ever did....now kids born in the 90's think its the shit....hmm. Boy George was a sea monster. theres no such thing as "neo-new-wave" please kill yourself at your soonest convenience.

thanx

-Citizen

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
HEY! You will respect the man that made "Tiny Dancer", "Your Song" and "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" or so help you god! :squint:

Axel

Reaction score
Staind - whiny, stupid and boring
Deftones - whiny and boring
Coldplay - rips off songs and are boring
Limp bizkit - rollin rollin rollin rolling - YEA! take that cookie and shove it up your...
Avril Lavigne - horrible live voice, too much makeup and stupid clothes and stupid songs (her first 2 albums weren't so bad but after that...)

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Avril Lavigne - horrible live voice, too much makeup and stupid clothes and stupid songs (her first 2 albums weren't so bad but after that...)

Does she sings?
I didn't know.
Well I love pinky boobs :agreed:

british beef

Reaction score
1. Iron Maiden
2. Disturbed
3. System of A down
4. Dragonforce
5. Any other popular metal band that all these kids lap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')