Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
1. Iron Maiden
2. Disturbed
3. System of A down
4. Dragonforce
5. Any other popular metal band that all these kids lap up.

cool you're the first guy in a guitar forum who says you can't stand iron maiden.
It's the end of the world as we know it bwahahahahahaa :lol:
BTW I hate REM songs so much that I even forgot about their existence !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
cool you're the first guy in a guitar forum who says you can't stand iron maiden.
It's the end of the world as we know it bwahahahahahaa :lol:
BTW I hate REM songs so much that I even forgot about their existence !

I don't like em either :lol:

rasse

Reaction score
brokencyde
songs that use autotune and don't have t-pain
creed
cannibal corpse
tr00 black metal

I actually like some of the bands which have been posted on about half of the posts here. avenged sevenfold's self titled and city of evil are both good albums imo, RHCP is fun to play and listen to when I wanted to listen to something not metal, some mainstream(ish) rappers are good (ludacris, snoop, dre, outkast to an extent) aswell as the not so mainstream ones (jmt, sage francis, alot of finnish rappers). bmth's suicide seasons is imo great and Im going to go see them in october. gosh

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Congratulations on reeling out the oldest, most irritatingly overstated and brainless statement in the history of music. Saying stuff like that is no different to believing "heavy metal" to be nothing but the imagery portrayed by Slayer, Slipknot and Mayhem. Or that "electronica" and "hard house" are one and the same.

Yeah, +10000 I was listening to Ludacris last night with my brother - Fucking fantastic rap artist, I thoroughly enjoy his music. OP I'm going to have to put this out there - you come off as a bit of a knob.

The Doors and Led Zeppelin were a big part of the Heavy Metal revolution, I have never heard that other one so I can not comment. Not being able to stand Metallica I can kind of understand, they stopped being Radical about 20 years ago.

My five isn't even a five haha...

I went and collected my 17 year old sister from a school dance tonight and whilst waiting in the foyer I couldn't even hear myself think - the DJ was playing stuff like Basshunter and Ne-Yo at, in my opinion, dangerous volumes. She appeared and we were making our way across the car park when some rugby playing little shit with one of those gay faux-hawks said "nice pony tail, women" (yes, he said womEn, as in plural :ugh:) out the window of his friends van - that is the kind of person that music appeals to. Simple music for simple people.

I rest my case.

I didn't know it was possible to hate Iron Maiden :lol:

Yeah, er, I dont mean to come off as a Metal Warrior, though I can be at times:

If you hate Iron Maiden, you're an absolute infant...

Attack!Attack!
Seether
Staind
Oceano
Suicide Silence(The Cleansing)

While i personally love them i don't really understand the hype that surrounds them i mean they haven't really done anything that Cynic, Athiest, Necrophagist or any other technical/progressive death metal band hasn't

I don't get the hype that surrounds Necrophagist - All of those bands were influenced by Nocturnus and Pestilence etc. I like Necrophagist's music, cause Malmsteen in a tech death band is pretty badass but worshipping the guitar playing too much is always just going to make you look like a tit. Suicmez could rape most of us with his playing - his rhythm playing is original but the lead isn't completely...

I should go and sleep, I'm a grumpy old c**t :lol:

Demiurge

Reaction score
I'll sub-categorize:

The pop music division:
1. Dave Matthews Band. Enough already. Don't fucking tell me how the musicians are talented blah blah blah. It should a sin to be this dull.
2. Jack Johnson/Jason Mraz/John Mayer. Could you imagine funneling every iota of supposed talent into making a song that only chicks would find "cute" while the rest of the population thinks that you're a douchebag?
3. Faux Country... um, hell, real country, too. It's the opposite of hip-hop, each artist trying to prove how down to earth they are. Bullshit. I saw a country music magazine cover with Alan Jackson, with a quote about how his music heals people. People shit all over Bono for much less.
4. Children's Rock and Roll. Jonas Bros., etc. It's all a symptom of how kids are too spoiled nowadays. Kids are told that everything they do is great by their parents, and now A&R reps are cruising middle schools like drug dealers or child molesters normally would. Would you want to be out of musical ideas at 22?
5. Jangle pop. I made up the term for adult contemporary pop rock where the chorus just sound like a wash of high-pitched noise. I've also heard it called "last 5 minutes of Grey's Anatomy" music, which makes sense- when my wife plays her iPod I'll be like, "oh, I remember this song from when I was trying to figure out why you were crying last week while watching TV- did a fictional bad event happen to a fictional person?"

The "Imma gettin' banned" division:

1. Mars Volta. 3 minutes of spazzy music that's kind of cool, followed by 5 minutes of Pro-Tooled post-production effects processing somehow equals the new wave of progressive rock. I don't buy it.
2. Mastodon. It must be some Buddhist concept, being all over the freaking place but taking up no space simultaneously.
3. Necrophagist. I like Death. Necrophagist likes Death. Did Necrophagist know that Death wrote actual songs? Off kilter riff salad with death metal lyrics that win the "most obvious use of violent actions as metaphors for attempts to stifle one's self-actualization" award just don't cut it.
4. The -core band of the week. I was kind of hoping that the trend would only last a week itself, but I underestimated Hot Topic's marketing skills. I fear that after all is said and done, having a band name also be a prepositional phrase will be illegal.
4a. The hack polyrhythm band of the week. Usually a -core band that has a couple riffs in a compound meter. All of a sudden, playing 4/4 riffs on my 6-string is appealing again.
5. Nu-metal. It's so dated. It just sounds like a time and a place to me, and I'm sorry, kids, that time was 10 years ago and the place was high school.

On a positive note, "backlashes against bands- the backlash itself I cannot stand" division:
1. Opeth. 83% of Opeth fans seem to only have the last 2 albums and maybe Blackwater Park. How am I supposed to believe that the haters are somehow familiar enough with the material to pass judgment?
2. Nirvana. Not the greatest band ever, but not the worst, either. People say that Nirvana's popularity "killed" metal's popularity. O rly? The so-called Grunge era did real metal a favor by making that god-awful "hair metal" unpopular. As far as Cobain's lack of talent, people are all over the respective dicks of much less talented musicians on a daily basis here. Call off the dogs.
3. Slayer. I would like to hear somebody remix a Slayer song and replace Kerry's solos with jazz/fusion noodling and try to say that it's better. It won't be.
4. U2. Earlier in the thread, someone said that this we could all agree on hating. Nope. I'll even confess that my favorite album of theirs is "Pop."
5. The Beatles. I can't see why some people are so angry that the new Rock Band game is just going to feature their music. What the fuck did they ever do to you? The two best ones are dead, I'll give you that.
6. BONUS! Black metal. Realizing that Mayhem sucks is like kissing your sister. Want an award? Like any genre, a million shit bands, handful of great ones. Unfortunately, Hot Topic will not be able to help you on your journey.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'll sub-categorize:

The pop music division:
1. Dave Matthews Band. Enough already. Don't fucking tell me how the musicians are talented blah blah blah. It should a sin to be this dull.
2. Jack Johnson/Jason Mraz/John Mayer. Could you imagine funneling every iota of supposed talent into making a song that only chicks would find "cute" while the rest of the population thinks that you're a douchebag?
3. Faux Country... um, hell, real country, too. It's the opposite of hip-hop, each artist trying to prove how down to earth they are. Bullshit. I saw a country music magazine cover with Alan Jackson, with a quote about how his music heals people. People shit all over Bono for much less.
4. Children's Rock and Roll. Jonas Bros., etc. It's all a symptom of how kids are too spoiled nowadays. Kids are told that everything they do is great by their parents, and now A&R reps are cruising middle schools like drug dealers or child molesters normally would. Would you want to be out of musical ideas at 22?
5. Jangle pop. I made up the term for adult contemporary pop rock where the chorus just sound like a wash of high-pitched noise. I've also heard it called "last 5 minutes of Grey's Anatomy" music, which makes sense- when my wife plays her iPod I'll be like, "oh, I remember this song from when I was trying to figure out why you were crying last week while watching TV- did a fictional bad event happen to a fictional person?"

The "Imma gettin' banned" division:

1. Mars Volta. 3 minutes of spazzy music that's kind of cool, followed by 5 minutes of Pro-Tooled post-production effects processing somehow equals the new wave of progressive rock. I don't buy it.
2. Mastodon. It must be some Buddhist concept, being all over the freaking place but taking up no space simultaneously.
3. Necrophagist. I like Death. Necrophagist likes Death. Did Necrophagist know that Death wrote actual songs? Off kilter riff salad with death metal lyrics that win the "most obvious use of violent actions as metaphors for attempts to stifle one's self-actualization" award just don't cut it.
4. The -core band of the week. I was kind of hoping that the trend would only last a week itself, but I underestimated Hot Topic's marketing skills. I fear that after all is said and done, having a band name also be a prepositional phrase will be illegal.
4a. The hack polyrhythm band of the week. Usually a -core band that has a couple riffs in a compound meter. All of a sudden, playing 4/4 riffs on my 6-string is appealing again.
5. Nu-metal. It's so dated. It just sounds like a time and a place to me, and I'm sorry, kids, that time was 10 years ago and the place was high school.

On a positive note, "backlashes against bands- the backlash itself I cannot stand" division:
1. Opeth. 83% of Opeth fans seem to only have the last 2 albums and maybe Blackwater Park. How am I supposed to believe that the haters are somehow familiar enough with the material to pass judgment?
2. Nirvana. Not the greatest band ever, but not the worst, either. People say that Nirvana's popularity "killed" metal's popularity. O rly? The so-called Grunge era did real metal a favor by making that god-awful "hair metal" unpopular. As far as Cobain's lack of talent, people are all over the respective dicks of much less talented musicians on a daily basis here. Call off the dogs.
3. Slayer. I would like to hear somebody remix a Slayer song and replace Kerry's solos with jazz/fusion noodling and try to say that it's better. It won't be.
4. U2. Earlier in the thread, someone said that this we could all agree on hating. Nope. I'll even confess that my favorite album of theirs is "Pop."
5. The Beatles. I can't see why some people are so angry that the new Rock Band game is just going to feature their music. What the fuck did they ever do to you? The two best ones are dead, I'll give you that.
6. BONUS! Black metal. Realizing that Mayhem sucks is like kissing your sister. Want an award? Like any genre, a million shit bands, handful of great ones. Unfortunately, Hot Topic will not be able to help you on your journey.

/thread

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
I fuckin' love Iron Maiden!

1. Supertramp

2. REO Speedwagon

3. Lynrd Skynrd

4. The Eagles

5. Pink Floyd

chips400

Eats emo's for lunch
Reaction score
devil wears prada.......god

DYING FETUS YUCK

green day hell no

devil wears prada

devil wears prada

FortePenance

Reaction score
Dying Fetus - they sound like they're bridging the gap between generic death metal and deathcore. Which is kinda like being in between the anus and the toilet bowl.

That's about it, tbh - most of the other stuff which I can't stand has already been mentioned. I actually don't mind shit like the Jonas Brothers, La Roux, whatever. It's not something i'd buy but i'd rather listen to Nick Jonas than Dying Fetus.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
what about this torture=

For real the first time I saw that video I almosty choked.:wallbash:
Man how could something like that be recorded? :nuts:

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
For real the first time I saw that video I almosty choked.:wallbash:
Man how could something like that be recorded? :nuts:
They at least had mushrooms, :lol: and I see somekind of idea.. sorta..

Its not that kinda songs
The charts make me puke, and all the mainstream crap.
Bands that arent even bands, singers not being singers, but casted industry machinery.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as

All in all that was an epic post but for this section I fucking love you man. :yesway:

The more I read this thread the more I recognise that some of our choices aren't valid and half of them are down to the bands in particular being hyped by the press or being viewed as part of a scene and nothing to do with the actual quality of the bands music.
If anything reading it makes me want to build a time machine as I'm very curious to see if all the people (including me!) who have posted feel the same way about the bands they mentioned in five years time.

For example a few years back I hated Black Metal and if I'd have posted in a thread similar to this back then I know for a fact that I'd have nominated Black Metal, I thought it was a scene packed full of crazy white supremacists singing about satan and vikings but now I fucking love it.
I don't like all the bands on the Black Metal scene and some of them are white supremacists and some of them look like total twats and many of them (too many imo!) produce music that sounds like it was recorded on a walkman but the point is that I now like it enough to count myself as a fan of the genre.

Axel

Reaction score
I fuckin' love Iron Maiden!

1. Supertramp

2. REO Speedwagon

3. Lynrd Skynrd

4. The Eagles

5. Pink Floyd

:( I love Supertramp. How could you?! hahaha I've actually been listening to Crime of the Century quite often lately. It blows my mind that this was done back in '74. The quality, musicianship, songs, and production is so top notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')