Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot all about the White Stripes! I love to hate them just as much as Supertramp.

The sax guy in Supertramp is like a little kid at a birthday party blowing an obnoxious whistle, doing his best to annoy me.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
The sax guy in Supertramp is like a little kid at a birthday party blowing an obnoxious whistle, doing his best to annoy me.

That's hilarious bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
He's MY KIND OF LAD......................guy (Supertramp song) :lol:

groph

Reaction score
The only shit I can't stand would be some specific songs, not entire bands. Well, there is ONE band that I can't stand nor like no matter how hard I try.

That'd be Suicide Silence. Hate that band far more than Lil Wayne, Brokencyde, etc. Carnifex might be able to be added to the list since they sound 80% identical* to Suicide Silence. Suicide Silence should disband immediately. Their vocals are buttfuck awful, the tone is buttfuck awful, the breakdowns are buttfuck awful, the formulaic patterns of low tremolo picked riffs and pinch harmonics are buttfuck awful, the lyrics aren't brutal at all, their image is buttfuck awful, and they don't take death metal seriously enough. I say this because of some fucking blinkie they had on their Myspace that featured a Carebear with Suicide Silence written below it in some stupid font.

I hate this band more than Captain Hook hates Peter Pan.

Anyway, there are some songs that drive me to kill.

1) Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
2) Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani. I was trying to listen to my new Bloodbath album, Nightmares Made Flesh on some stupid bus trip back in grade 9, but Hollaback Girl was drowning me out. I couldn't turn up due to getting bitched at. I fucking hate this song.
3) Summertime Girls or whatever the fuck, by that boy band 98 Degrees or LFO or whatever. Worst lyrics ever written.
4) Marilyn Manson - Seriously man. You have gotten beyond old, noone gives a fuck, you're not grim, you're not scary, you don't have original music since most of your shit are covers, you just suck.
5) Dave Matthews Band - If you listen to these guys, you're a Crocs wearing douchebag driving a Jeep.**

* This value is based purely on pseudomathematical analysis. I did not listen to either bands' entire discographies due to enjoyment difficulties, nor did I compare each individual frequency in each song by each band to compare how similar they were. Eat me.

** Eat me.

CapenCyber

Reaction score
For me:
1. U2 - The combination of bland, boring, droning songs, a pretentiousness before unknown to mankind by the members(the edge? give me a break... + Boner obv.) and a rabid fan loyalty full of similarly up-their-arses smuggery combines to make an entity, not a band, crafted from pure 100% bollocks.

2. RHCP - BORING.

3. Green Day - See above

4. Black Eyed Peas - Please die.

5. Ted Maul - These cunts kept me up all night at bloodstock last year (for some stupid reason they were camping in the expensive "quiet" area I was in) plus they suck.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
We're doing more than 5?

Going back earlier in the thread, I don't like Opeth much either. I honestly tried to like them, I listened to at least five of their songs and I just couldn't get into it. It just bored me... nothing particularly bad about it, just nothing special either. If it was on in a room, I could listen to it but I wouldn't listen to them at home.

I hate almost all 'progressive' stuff. I'll get flamed for this but Periphery, Animals as Leaders... nah. They're amazing players but the stuff they put out really doesn't appeal to me. It's like it's only been written to impress guitarists, and I think music should be made to sound cool. You might think it's hypocritical coming from a Dragonforce fan but at least their vocal lines are really catchy.

Meshuggah, another one I tried to like. I found it really boring... you have an F#, well done.

Disturbed. I had a friend who really loved them and he used to play the same three songs over and over again. They're just generic, there's nothing special about them at all, they're completely average in every single department. The thing that annoys me the most is how everyone likes them because of this.

Slipknot. My old singer loved Slipknot and he kept trying to get me to listen to them all the time. They're so talentless, half the members aren't even necessary and Corey Taylor is so overrated, it's ridiculous.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Joey Jordison is a pretty decent drummer, I'll take that one back. He played for Korn once, didn't he?

As for the other two, if you provide some evidence to show they are actually talented, I'll be glad to take a look. But otherwise, I stick to my original statement.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Joey Jordison is a pretty decent drummer, I'll take that one back. He played for Korn once, didn't he?

A couple of weeks ago I watched Korn dvd,I like some songs BUT I can't stand more than 5 songs at the same time.Boring as hell and that Another Brick On The Wall cover sounded complete out of contest and terrible.I don't hate the band,some songs are cool but NOTHING especial.Just a pop band with 7's tuned down :spock:.

Axel

Reaction score
For me:
1. U2 - The combination of bland, boring, droning songs, a pretentiousness before unknown to mankind by the members(the edge? give me a break... + Boner obv.) and a rabid fan loyalty full of similarly up-their-arses smuggery combines to make an entity, not a band, crafted from pure 100% bollocks.

2. RHCP - BORING.

3. Green Day - See above

4. Black Eyed Peas - Please die.

5. Ted Maul - These cunts kept me up all night at bloodstock last year (for some stupid reason they were camping in the expensive "quiet" area I was in) plus they suck.

When I heard the Boom boom song after the G.I Joe movie ended I wanted to scream.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
U2 rox. The Edge is the man as far as delay is concerned.
And so does Dave Matthews Band :squint: . Seriously, that drummer isn't human.

5. Limp Bizkit. I can't respect a band that repeats the same vocal line in every other fucking song! "My way on the highway!". Aaarrrgh.

4. The White Stripes. I was actually imporessed to see a live gig on youtube where Jack White played an acoustic guitar with a slide. He's not a bad guitarist at all. That, unfortunately, does little to make his band less annoying.

3. Simple Plan. I'm not an extreme emo hater - I don't mind MCR or Panic at the Disco (well, some of their stuff, at least), but enough is enough. Most annoying band to step feet on America.

2. Britney Spears. I confess, I kinda like "Toxic". However, given the fact that she does not write her own shit, she deserves no credit. What does she do? Well, she sings. And, opposed to 95% of American female solo pop singers, she's horrible. She's not #1 because she at least shows up sometimes without underpants.

1. 50 Cent and gangsta rappers in general. It's not just the music, it's the attitude. :puke: . The 2nd track on Pain of Salvation's Scarsick album says it all (crappy album, I know, but the lyrics for this one are amazing).

Aside from #1 and #2, I don't really hate these bands, though. Most Brazilian rock bands are so hideous that Simple Plan looks like a Metal God in comparison. Have a listen to this piece of shit, for instance:

And this is just one; probably not even the worst (singer is a douchebag, though).

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
absolutely not true.

Joey Jordison and Jim Root are ridiculous players, Sid the turntablist isn't half bad either.

While I do enjoy Slipknot on occasion, Joey Jordison really isn't THAT good of a drummer. He's decent for what he does, and that's it. :shrug:

I also prefer Mick to Jim.

zackkynapalm

Reaction score
1. 99% of deathcore bands
2. Avenged Sevenfold
3. Brokencyde
4. Nickelback
5. Disturbed

Any band that would be featured in a 14 year old's "10 BEST BREAKDOWNS EVER" youtube compilation. Such as 'The Devil Wears Prada'.

As for non-metal, too many to list.

btbam was in a top 10 breakdowns video once...WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? :lol:

yeah, but I completely agree with you. The devil wears prada :noway:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only band that springs to mind right now is that wothless UK band Bloc Party. They're a cross between Gang Of Four (and not the cool noisy Gang Of For, the wimpy AM-disco Gang Of Four) and Stereotypical Earnest Orphan Boy #865940685. Their singer is so fucking plaintive and forlorn, escpecially considering he's a seven-foot-tall black guy. He sounds like Oliver Twist's emo cousin and it sets my teeth on edge.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nickelback.
Brokencyde
Dashboard Confessional
Miley Cyrus
Avenged Sevenfold
The Used
Hatebreed
Britney Spears
Meat Loaf
The Jonas Brothers
Panic At The Disco
Bands with more than 1 breakdown per 15 seconds of song
Napalm Death (it's a love/hate thing)
Soulja Boy
50 Cent
Ja Rule
The Cure
Boy George :squint:
The Backstreet Boys
Hilary Duff
Justin Timberlake
Simple Plan
Plain White T's
Parkway Drive
From Autumn To Ashes
Atreyu
I Killed The Prom Queen
40 Below Summer
Aqua
All the Idol winners
Half-assed electronica acts that use the same 2 notes and same 4/4 doof doof beat for the entire 2 minutes of 'song'.
"Trance" music that consists of the same shithouse, pseudo-trancey 'dreamy' pad/arp repeated again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again with no other semblance of melody or musicality, before adding the drug induced ramblings of the guy who until that point had been half lusting after the microphone cos he's so high on ecstasy and acid, and then turns to half dispensing his now speed-fueled stream of verbal diarrhea over the spattering of badly produced music...

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
1. Slipknot-sorry, but i just cant take a band that wears masks has nine members and plays horrible music seriously (sorry slipknot fans)

2. Insane Clown Posse- Not only do they suck and look like douche bags, they probably have the most retarded fan base in the world. Have you seen anybody who addresses his or her self as a jugallo? Pretty much the most stupidest people ever.

3. Celine Dion- I simply just dont like her music. People love her, and they play her music everywhere. It is like hearing the same damn song every time you here one.

4.The White stripes- I hear the song seven nation army, and just think to myself, "how could such a horrible band with horrible songs like this have a platinum record". I think their music is just downright not good. The percussion is horrible, and i dont like jacks guitar playing.

5.The rolling stones- I know some people consider them rock icons. I just hate their music. I think it is an insult to the beatles when they compare them with the rolling stones. The beatles were so far ahead of the rolling stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')